New for 2012, the Mini-Explorer!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beam angle is around 6 degrees. I should have a lux rating (for those who seem to hate lumen) at some point tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply Laura. 6 degrees sounds nice. Lux rating is listed on Halcyons site, it's the lumen value that is missing. If you could provide a lumen value that would appreciated. I realise you are not the designer but do you know why Halcyon chose to go with only one O ring?

Thanks for taking the time to provide/find answers to my questions.

Hiyas,

I used one two weeks ago and found the light very good till it started to play up by only lasting no more than 30 minutes at depths to 50 meters. A friend also had one that flooded at 33 meters, but to its credit still worked for a few minutes.

After some investigation I found the light I was using had only one big (diameter) O-ring the other one which had flooded had two smaller (diameter) O-rings.

Would I buy another ?... Sure would, once they have sorted out all the problems. Probably the best beam I have used in Caves and it would kick my Explorer 9’s butt as an all-round torch because of it's size.

Cheers,
Steve

Hiyas,

I used one two weeks ago and found the light very good till it started to play up by only lasting no more than 30 minutes at depths to 50 meters. A friend also had one that flooded at 33 meters, but to its credit still worked for a few minutes.

After some investigation I found the light I was using had only one big (diameter) O-ring the other one which had flooded had two smaller (diameter) O-rings.

Would I buy another ?... Sure would, once they have sorted out all the problems. Probably the best beam I have used in Caves and it would kick my Explorer 9’s butt as an all-round torch because of it's size.

Cheers,
Steve

Thank you, you have just provided two reasons for me not to buy one.

Steve-C, May i ask what batteries you were using in your light?

If it happens to be the rechargeable type, it is important that 4 batteries are placed in the charger, otherwise you would only be putting 2 fully charged batteries in the system which could account for a diminished burn time.

[video=youtube;Q5yH5WBuf-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q5yH5WBuf-Y[/video]

Hi LauraJ,

It was the batterys that came with the torch... Everyready Lithium Ultimate® batteries. It would work again once it was off for a few minutes. What I did find very concerning was the fact I had two different torches in my hands... one having 1 O'ring the other having 2 O'rings half the size. I know if you contact Richard here in Australia he could fill you in more.

Cheers,
Steve

Hi LauraJ,

It was the batterys that came with the torch... Everyready Lithium Ultimate® batteries. It would work again once it was off for a few minutes. What I did find very concerning was the fact I had two different torches in my hands... one having 1 O'ring the other having 2 O'rings half the size. I know if you contact Richard here in Australia he could fill you in more.

Cheers,
Steve

Just out of curiosity what was the final conclusion? Issue explained and resolved? Cheers.

And again out of curiosity what is the lumen value, this was never answered. Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom