New gopro housing finally available!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just love the fact that they aren't raping and gouging their customers like some dive manufactures do....This baby is CHEAP and rated to 160! That's amazing!

So excited! I ordered one from my LDS on Monday. Can't wait for it to get here!

I'm sure they'll come up with a red filter too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great news!!! I just ordered one, looking forward to trying it out

Hmmm...but will that black top latch loosen/open underwater like the others? I had mine loosen at 15ft and open at 50+ft. Thankfully differential pressure kept it sealed!

What 'mounting accessories' are they including? It's pretty vague and no details. In the picture almost looks like they have a mask mount for it.

Just guessing, the only mounting accessories will be the quick release clip and thumb bolt as shown in the pictures. In the picture, they are wearing the head band mount.

Backscatter Flip-Up Color Correction Filter for GoPro Dive Housing now in development

Backscatter is pleased to announce that we will be supporting the new GoPro Dive Housing with our all new Flip-Up Color Correction Filter. The unique mount design allows users to quickly add or remove the filter for land and water use or as color drops off with depth. The housing adapter locks securely in place without modifications to the stock GoPro Dive Housing and is easily installed by the user. Shipping is scheduled for late June 2012. Pricing to be announced. This new filter will be available through dealers worldwide.

Backscatter_GoPro_Flip_Filter.jpg

Backscatter will continue production of its very popular Custom GoPro Housing with glass flat port. Most divers will prefer the additional flexibility of this housing's 55mm filter threads and unique o-ring mount for polarizing and split neutral density filters. This housing is also compatible with Backscatter’s soon to be announced macro lens. The Backscatter Custom GoPro housing is currently available through dealers worldwide.

Backscatter_GoPro_Filters.jpg

We are excited to continue supporting the awesome GoPro Hero cameras, which have allowed a whole new generation of divers to create underwater images at an unbeatable price. We look forward to getting the new Backscatter Flip-Up Color Correction Filter for the GoPro Dive Housing in your hands this summer.

Learn more here.

Thanks for the info Sterling. I think you are the one who helped me when I ordered my first housing from you and had it shipped here to Cuba. Due to a USPS error it ended up in Djibouti! LOL.. You have shipped quite a few more to us here in GTMO after everyone saw mine.

I am interested in this Macro lens you are speaking of. Any more info you can give us on it?

Hmmm...but will that black top latch loosen/open underwater like the others? I had mine loosen at 15ft and open at 50+ft. Thankfully differential pressure kept it sealed!

Which is easily solved by the use of a rubber band.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom