New guy from San Antonio, TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!!
I hope you've made your connection by now.
I'm a little late chiming in here -I had to go diving.
Glad to have you with us.

Tom

Is that your last name?

That's my maiden name. You don't find many whipple's.

Jess

sjwhipple:
Hi

I'm new to scubaboard too! It's great. I'm now in cali, but I certified in landlocked Austin, TX. Yes, I was a muck diver too. Lot's of great diving inland in TX. You just have to be creative. Try Aquamarina springs or below the falls at Peppers. Everyone else will laugh at river diving, but it's cool.

See ya!

I just got back into diving in San Antonio and went to a dive club meeting yesterday.
I go to deepblueadventures phonenumber# 210-930-1188.

This sunday we are going diving and having a barbecue.

Jess

JRod1920:
I'm not really new to diving just new to this forum. I'm looking for a dive club in the San Antonio area.....

can you tell me how to post a thread only in the Texas Swampers section.
Does it transfer somehow, from the regular intro section?

Jesse

JRod1920:
I'm not really new to diving just new to this forum. I'm looking for a dive club in the San Antonio area.....

Howdy Jesse Whipple!

Indeed Whipple is a distinctive name, but there are more Whipples than you may know...

There was a William Whipple who signed the Declaration of Independance.

A slave named Whipple was depicted with Washington in the famous painting of the Delaware crossing.

There have been several ships named USS Whipple in the US Navy (named after a famous Admiral -- well actually a Commodore -- from Rhode Island.)

We have an asteroid.

A disease.

A bacterium (Tropheryma whippelii -- responsible for the disease.)

There's a surgery -- the Whipple procedure is a last ditch effort to prolong pancreatic cancer patient's lives (named after a famous surgeon.)

Another famous Whipple physician who earned a Noble prize in medicine for his efforts discovering the cause of pernicious anemia.

Anyway...

Back to the reason we're all here... happy diving!! and stay warm.

Welcome, even though you aren't new!! :)
Any question you have, you can probably find a post about it in the archives, or just ask away and someone will steer you to an answer. I personally can't help much, not being from TX, but there are lots around...

Lots of great divers, and a fair amount of diving around the state

Done the San Marcos
Done Lake Travis
Done Terrell

On the way to Galveston next month and out into the Gulf

Enjoy the board.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom