New Halcyon Fin (wtf?!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

p_kos

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thoughts on this “interesting” design? Reinventing the wheel? At least it’s not another Jetfin clone.

Attachments

• IMG_0611.png
    IMG_0611.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 562
Reactions: OTF
Neat. Is there science behind any of the shape? Even if not, looks like a sturdy simple paddle fin which is probably as good if not better than most fins.

It looks like there is some kind of steel cylinder in the fin wall. Could they be adjustable weights? (I’m aware of how crazy that sounds)
IMG_1349.png
IMG_1348.png
IMG_1347.png

Maybe for weighting if you want a neutral or more negative fin? Curious to see one in person.
Yup, looks like it. Basically what Scubapro recently introduced with their removable fin weights.

That looks more like a carving kit. Maybe it’s for doing stone carvings inside caves?

That is some sort of covert E&E kit.

Anyways while those fins might be the best in the world in the water, they fins look like Diverite XTs and Jet Fins had a baby that baby fell down the ugly tree and kit every branch on the way down.

well performance is everything -id like to try them

Take my money. My 20 year old jetfins that I had purchased from eBay started to crack this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom