New Halcyon Fin (wtf?!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know why but these don't look dir to me. Looks like a monoprene version of the Quattros. They'll probably be good and stiff, but then again, something about the strap mounting and the gimmicky weights don't sit right with me.

I don't know why but these don't look dir to me. Looks like a monoprene version of the Quattros. They'll probably be good and stiff, but then again, something about the strap mounting and the gimmicky weights don't sit right with me.
Being Halcyon I’d think they were designed with nothing but DIR in mind. They’re ugly enough to be DIR, a face only a mother could love - just like their regulators.
I can’t see these being sold in regular dive shops to people with poodle jackets, snorkels, air 2’s, and tank bangers.

As far as I know Quattros are DIR compliant.

Being Halcyon I’d think they were designed with nothing but DIR in mind. Their ugly enough to be DIR, only a face a mother could love - just like their regulators.
I can’t see these being sold in regular dive shops to people with poodle jackets, snorkels, air 2’s, and tank bangers.
Halcyon has softened their “DIR only” stance for some time now. For example, their logo no longer includes “DIR Dive Systems” in bold red and just says “Dive Systems” in a toned down blue 😂. Also, they “caved” and developed the harness and backplate padding to appeal to a broader audience.

As far as I know Quattros are DIR compliant.
Except Quattros are super simple and rugged fin, which van be field repaired. The strap mounting posts are easily fitted with a improvised bungee, and there are no additional stuff to tweak or break.

More stuf to screw in and twiddle around. More.stuff to break.

Hmm maybe y'all armchair quarterbacks should just wait for an official product release that says what the scoop is, before complaining about you-don't-even-know-what-yet! 😂

Not like you can just improv JetFins with bungee to make functional strap either, depending on the failure mode.

each cylinder contains a small save-a-dive toolkit

29_rectalkit.jpg
Is that for real? Imagine trying to carry that on through TSA and I got harassed for having a single Allen key for my Nauticam. The tubes could be a good place to hide your stash though if O-ring sealed. The whole thing looks like an entanglement hazard with those odd extensions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom