New Halcyon Fin (wtf?!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like it's designed for the frog kick only crowd.

Useless to me. I already have my fins hit eachother with Seawing Novas and flutter kick. Cant use wider fins.

The weights are a neat touch though. But I'm leg heavy.

The shape reminded me a little of the following Mammut Aquila fins made in Genoa, Italy, in 1961:

1706034030401.jpeg

The product description:

Italian: PINNE AQUILA brevettate. Per forma, rendimento, robustezza comodità e prezzo, le PINNE AQUILA s'impongono decisamente. La loro forma convergente determina i un notevole maggior rendimento della forza di propulsione del nuotatore e gli dà una sensibile maggior scioltezza nel movimento ritmico degli arti. I condotti a sezione decrescente, esistenti tra alettoni e pinna, eliminano quasi vortici terminali. Mentre l'inclinazione del piano tallone-pinna dà all'insieme maggior rendimento natatorio e grande agibilità. Scientifico dosaggio di materie prime e loro alta qualità, danno una giusta flessibilità alle PINNE AQUILA, rendendole, inoltre, galleggianti.

Translation: Patented AQUILA FINS. For shape, performance, strength, comfort and price, AQUILA FINS definitely stand out. Their convergent shape substantially increases not only the efficiency of swimmers' propulsion but also the fluency of their rhythmic limb movements. The ducts with their tapering cross-section, existing between the wings and the fin, almost eliminate terminal vortexes. While the inclination of the heel-fin plane gives the whole greater swimming performance and great practicability. Scientific blending and high quality of the raw materials give the right flexibility to AQUILA FINS with the asset of making them float.

So I was diving with someone testing these fins. He described that the felt like a slightly stiffer Dive Rite XTs with a bit more snap. He was using the Dive Rite XTs before and liked them.

They are still ugly as sin, but if they are almost heavier weight (with the weights installed) Dive Rite XTs I am intrigued, I loved my Dive Rite XTs and only shelved them because I needed the heavier Jet Fins for my drysuit.

So I was diving with someone testing these fins. He described that the felt like a slightly stiffer Dive Rite XTs with a bit more snap. He was using the Dive Rite XTs before and liked them.

They are still ugly as sin, but if they are almost heavier weight (with the weights installed) Dive Rite XTs I am intrigued, I loved my Dive Rite XTs and only shelved them because I needed the heavier Jet Fins for my drysuit.

Now I'm curious.

Back
Top Bottom