Suggestion New Hampshire and Vermont are not in New England!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
7millimeter

7millimeter

Contributor
Reaction score
In the description for the "New England Lobsta Divahs," the states of Vermont and New Hampshire are not listed as part of the region. This makes me feel sad. :sad_2:

As a Connecticut resident, I am used to my state being excluded from the New England club. Usually our state's high number of New York sports fans is given as a reason. I can see the logic in that to a certain extent. I can see no reason to omit New Hampshire and Vermont. It's an outrage!

7millimeter:
OK, I guess I wasn't clear in what I was requesting. Here's what the description of the "New England Lobsta Divahs" forum says:

"Lobsta Divahs do it for the claws. This chapter includes Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts and Rhode Island."

For the sake of accuracy, New Hampshire and Vermont should be listed in that group of states too!

Nah...The only Lobsta we got we ship in...:D :D

all a ya'll are yankees and north of the Mason Dixon, does anything else matter?

catherine96821:
all a ya'll are yankees and north of the Mason Dixon, does anything else matter?

Yes it does. The Commywealth is typically viewed as the worst of the lot. It's "Teddy Country" don't you know? But in all fairness Maine has Collins and Snow. VT has the screamer. NH is the place; live free or die.

Yep and we have Dubya's pal Joey!

Green_Manelishi:
Yes it does. The Commywealth is typically viewed as the worst of the lot. It's "Teddy Country" don't you know? But in all fairness Maine has Collins and Snow. VT has the screamer. NH is the place; live free or die.

Vermont is the real live free or die state...No permits required to carry...:D

and our governor is James H. Douglas (R-VT)

catherine96821:

They definition of 'Yankee' depends on where your from.

If you're not from America, anyone who is is a Yankee.
If you are, anyone north of the Mason/Dixon line is a Yankee
If you're north of the Mason/Dixon line a Yankee is someone from New England
If you're from New England a Yankee is someone from Vermont or New Hampshire
If you're from Vermont or New Hampshire a Yankee is someone from the Green Mountains who eats peas for breakfast. with a knife.

PaulChristenson:
Vermont is the real live free or die state...No permits required to carry...:D

and our governor is James H. Douglas (R-VT)

Even concealed? Obviously I don't visit VT very often. What about non-residents?

Ken abucs:
Well... NH doesn't have much of a coast line.... But infinitely more than VT. Maybe that's the reasoning.

Not a good reason, though. :) What about Lake Champlain? It's on my list of places to dive soon. Granted, there are no lobsters, but the New England Lobsta Divahs board is about diving in our region. It's not just about the bugs!

Obviously, Vermont and New Hampshire divers aren't staying away from the board. I've just been trying to make the point that the forum description should be edited to include them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom