New here, intro and quick question :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stop reading so much.
Clean your mask.
It won't scratch.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

^^^ what FireMedicATL said. Clean it and use it.

Masks, fins etc. are tools to enable you to do stuff. Yes, look after them (rinse in fresh water after, don't leave them out in the sun too much etc.) but get on with things and use them. :)

The mask I have at the moment is over 3 years old, has been cleaned with toothpaste and flamed, has been in a chlorinated swimming pool at least once a week, been out in the sun, and used well. My primary maintenance is a rinse in fresh water after each day in the sea (although if I am away for several days freediving this May not happen every day). It is still going fine.

I still use the first mask I purchased while taking the OW course in 1998 (although there was a period of 7 years right after my certification dives that it was not in use.) It's a TUSA with prescription lenses. Although pretty nearsighted, and after all these years, I still have the same lenses.

The only thing I've ever put on the lenses is soapy water, defog drops, spit, and fresh water.

Back
Top Bottom