New J-valves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just wondering: Does anyone, anywhere in the world still make J-valves?

When you find some, buy them all and then melt them down so they can be recycled into something worth having.:D:D

If you really want some i will sell you a couple of them. Im pretty sure i have at least two brand new ones.

I quite like my J valve actually. Semo, feel free to send me all your vintage equipment and I'll make sure to dispose of it safely for you. I wouldn't want to worry about anyone hurting themselves with it.

When you find some, buy them all and then melt them down so they can be recycled into something worth having.:D:D

If you really want some i will sell you a couple of them. Im pretty sure i have at least two brand new ones.

And you posted your remark in the vintage forum why? :confused:
We happen to cherish and love this stuff.

So, how much ya want for a couple new J valves? I got two tanks here I could use them on.

San-O-Sub Italy still makes the reserve valve.

Sanosub Diving Catalogue :: Specialty Valves

You will need to specify with them what neck thread you want. Also if you plan to use them in the USA you need to specify that the valve have a safety assembly (burst disc). IF they have them on the shelf you can probably buy a dozen or so. If they DONT have them on the shelf you may need to order 100.

Good Luck

JDS

As far as I know they are still available from Aqua Lung in both single and double. The overhaul manual is on line on the Aqua Lung web site and was up dated in March 2009. But they ain't cheap.

http://www.aqualung.com/militaryand...hnical_Manuals/780211_j-k-twin_TechManual.pdf

How would one go about buying a couple? I recently bought 3 of the J valve manifolds new from a Scuba Board member and am using one on my twin 72s. I would like to get a couple of new single J valves.

How would one go about buying a couple? I recently bought 3 of the J valve manifolds new from a Scuba Board member and am using one on my twin 72s. I would like to get a couple of new single J valves.

You may want to rethink the new valve thing. Last price I saw on the double manifold was near $800 and the single is at least half that. Mostly used by the military and low production = high price.

There are tons of used ones on ebay cheap, get the ones with the black plastic hand wheels. All you gain new is pretty shiny unscratched chrome.

Why the black plastic hand wheels? I've got a couple of spare J-valves, but I've always preferred metal. It just looks more vintage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom