New J-valves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now this is a KNOB.

And it's pretty groovy when you get one with an 88 underneath it for twenty bucks.

P10102151.JPG

Straight out of the vibrating machine all original parts except three O rings, I think.

Comes with optional psi device port. Very common valve.

Please excuse photo flurry, I am doing SB Photo Posting Specialty.
Thank you.

I got one of those in a drawer somewhere.

Cool. Yeah me too.

The big difference I see with yours are the attached pressure gauges. How does that work out for you? Myself, I'm not crazy about the idea of keeping even an HP hose charged to 2500 psi for weeks at a time.

I suppose you easily build a set of doubles/triples/quads with them though. Just string HP hoses between the ports.

The big difference I see with yours are the attached pressure gauges. How does that work out for you? Myself, I'm not crazy about the idea of keeping even an HP hose charged to 2500 psi for weeks at a time.

I suppose you easily build a set of doubles/triples/quads with them though. Just string HP hoses between the ports.

The SPG is charged only when the valve is open, you can install or remove it with the tank full. You could probably breathe down one tank before the other could equalize because of the extremely small orifice in the HP ports and hoses.

The SPG is charged only when the valve is open, you can install or remove it with the tank full.

I was wondering about that. I kind of assumed based on the geometry of it that the valve was downstream of the SPG. Thinking about it though, it's obvious that you're right.

You could probably breathe down one tank before the other could equalize because of the extremely small orifice in the HP ports and hoses.

Nothing that couldn't be fixed with a drill.

The SPG is charged only when the valve is open, you can install or remove it with the tank full.

Not in the double manifold.

There was also at least one single tank valve (maybe more) with a port that was upstream to the valve. I can't remember the manufacturer, but when I tore the valve apart the air passage was obvious.

Yep. Nemrod and the sinlgle Dacor, very nice option to have.

I make up my mind between diving double hose, tank spg or single with reg spg
and gauge or plug accordingly, fill then hopefully go.

Sometimes I tell the filling people that the plug O ring or the spg O rings or hose, is the burst decapacitator for that tank. That side has no disc.

But they usually don't get past wondering about the J down and looking at the chrome.

I try not to leave it hose charged forever, but when they go, they don't go much
catastrophically and I have enough hoses and spgs to swap out for half an eternity.

I forget and leave my workshop blowing testing tanks and regs charged sometimes for days?

Very good for older hose testing.

I have a Healthways set of doubles that I had put a gauge on (my avatar). Like Luis said, that gauge was always under pressure. After a couple years, the gauge developed an opaque, frosty appearance inside the lense and made it useless. I have no idea what could have caused that.

Pull the lens and using gel toothpaste, give it a good polishing.............i did this for one of mine and it worked very well.

Back
Top Bottom