New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great program, I am using it now, but would like to import all my dives from Suunto Dive Manager into Mac Dive. I can't seem to find a way to do this, is it possible?

JB:
Great program, I am using it now, but would like to import all my dives from Suunto Dive Manager into Mac Dive. I can't seem to find a way to do this, is it possible?

It seems so:

Suunto Dive Manager (.SDE) Logbooks
You can export an .SDE file from suunto dive manager by choosing Tools -> Export. Again, simply drag and drop this file (or use the download menu) to add the dives to MacDive.

RonR, thanks for that, not being a native Mac user, I was looking for a file import function etc. Drag and drop is so brilliantly easy, if counter intuitive for a DOS man! What a brilliant program, think we should send a copy to Suunto to show them how it should be done! To think that without the fiasco of DM4 I would never have bothered to try MacDive - thanks Suunto. Now all I want is a windows version of MacDive, and while at it a Linux version as well!!

Thanks Ron. You can also Download Dives -> File Formats -> sdm logbook. Drag drop is easier though.

JB, you'll also be glad to know that the next version of MacDive will be DOS only. I prefer the simplicity of a text based system - though it will have some ANSI colour.

Any chance of supporting the Shearwater Predator on this software?

I have a request. Is there any way to automatically add units? I have it set to imperial, but it shows my depth as 80.02 with no units. I know I can type it ft or lbs, but it would be great if it was automatic (or mentioned in the header). Thanks!

One other request (or educate me on how to do it). A bulk upload feature. I have all my dives electronically, but I'd like to upload in bulk (via a csv or xls file). If there is a format I can steal (from one of computer manufacturers) let ms know.

Also - if you need a beta tester for the Shearwater let me know. I could provide the *.ds file created in the Shearwater native software I it helps.

One other request (or educate me on how to do it). A bulk upload feature. I have all my dives electronically, but I'd like to upload in bulk (via a csv or xls file). If there is a format I can steal (from one of computer manufacturers) let ms know.

You already posted this question on the MacDive forum, and I replied there. There's also some further info on this very page, but in a nutshell, use SDE or UDCF.

Also - if you need a beta tester for the Shearwater let me know. I could provide the *.ds file created in the Shearwater native software I it helps.

These devices are not currently supported.

Back
Top Bottom