New main harness strap for backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe he mistook your cat for your crotch strap in one of the pictures. In any case, Scruffy should probably be hearin' that ole highway a callin' soon. Likely best for all involved.

The crotch strap is separate from the rest of the harness and generally uses softer webbing anyway (for obvious reasons). It's pretty tricky to rig one yourself.

I keep 2 inch webbing in stock. Right now I'm a little low after the Black Friday sale but I still have black and some pink left in stock. Will be getting red and blue back in soon.

The crotch strap is separate from the rest of the harness and generally uses softer webbing anyway (for obvious reasons). It's pretty tricky to rig one yourself.

Out of curiosity, what is tricky about it in your opinion? Setting the length correctly?

I rig them all the time. You really don't even need to sew them if you're not using a scooter. Two tri glides and the webbing is all that required. D rings if you want em.

Re the pictures; you'll need to adjust all the straps, especially, the crotch strap.

Last edited:
Too much trial and error to get the length right for me (but then again I am not handy at all).

No, the stuff from an "outdoor store" does not equate to SCUBA - should you need it (aside from Lapenta - whom I would do business with any day, so use his shop) : 2 Inch Nylon Webbing BLACK colors are optional)

All you have to do is adjust the harness you already have (paid for, in hand) and go diving. Later you can mull over the the "subtleties" of one stiffness of webbing over another with or without entertaining the whims of others. Cripes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom