New name for "DIR"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert Carmichael is JJ's partner in Halcyon and certainly also had a lot to do with the branding of the term.

You're right though, the whole package is the biggest rising star I've ever seen in this industry.

Tom

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
It is not difficult to write an operating system but if it can’t run all the MS software nobody will buy it no matter how good it could be

:box:
Ahhhh!!!! Ok. No. I'm definately not going to get into this one. However I truely hope you don't intend to compare DIR/GUE/Halcyon to Microsoft, as that completely kills all credibility. The closest analogy I've been able to find to fit with MS and Bill Gates is to a drug tzar and his cartel. dependancy == market.

So many words... so much restraint....

Yew mean if I put my mask on backwards I might be mistaken fer a "DIR" bubba?
AAaaarrrrggghhhh!
Oh, wait, no problem... I usually wear a snorkel.
Whew!
That wuz close!
Rick

Is it too late to weigh in on a new name?

One of the guy at our shop proposed the following alternative to DIR:

Doing
It
Correctly

That way, the DIR guys who want to can maintain their superior tone by Doing It Correctly instead, and the rest of us will snicker at them for DIC-ing it up. GI, as a top guy, would of course be a DIC Head; everybody else would just be little DICs. I think this idea has legs.

Resistance
Is
Futile

or maybe ART FOOD

Anal
Retentive
Traits (Tacticts)
Forced
On
Other
Divers

Rick Murchison once bubbled...
Yew mean if I put my mask on backwards I might be mistaken fer a "DIR" bubba?
Spectre jumped threads Rick... and you jumped with him.
But at least you were able to hold onto the theme.
Me... I'm sorta threadless...
spreading good cheer where ever I go. :D

trheeltek once bubbled...
Is it too late to weigh in on a new name?

One of the guy at our shop proposed the following alternative to DIR:

Doing
It
Correctly

I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't give it enough thought to come up with a "K" word to make it a 4 letter acronym!

That DIC thing is pretty funny! LOL!

Spectre once bubbled...

I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't give it enough thought to come up with a "K" word to make it a 4 letter acronym!
Oh, I don't know... "Doing It Korrectly" has a certain apropos message in it, don't you think?
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom