New neck seal replacement smaller in diameter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

called and the drysuit tech guy stated that it is normal to need to slightly stretch the seal into place. He said if I needed to really stretch then that would be a problem but a slight quarter inch stretch is normal.
Glad we were able to help you out! If you need anything else just give us a shout.

Good deal. It is crazy how good and helpful those guys are.

I bought a neck seal from DRIS some time ago to fit in a Whites Fusion. I also found it needed to be stretched. The Whites had a very small (~5mm) overlap between the seal and suit and was stitched in. For gluing I wanted a larger (~20mm) overlap. DRIS also gave me good advice, and said stretching was required, and what they also do. I used their heat glue tape. I had to make sure the suit was taught so that the neck was held open, then glue the opposite sides of the seal so as to progressively stretch the seam and not have the suit 'bunch-up' as the seal tried to pull-in, also needed to allow the glue to set otherwise the seal 'slid' in. It was a slow process but very successful.

Thanks DRIS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom