New Oceanic OC1 Dive Computer Now Shipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug,

Hi...when will the OC1 be available for sale in Spain?

Dear Leapfrog, we already have any unit in blue to sell. We will be able to have all the colors in 20 days more or less. But still waiting for the complete manual translated in 40 days.

For further information info@worldive.es

Best Regards.
OK, I will email you later on today. For those of us who are interested, where can we purchase an OC1, which stores are going to stock it? Personally, I don't need a translated manual but I guess it won't be in stores until it is? You mention colors. I believe it only comes in blue or orange or are other colors going to be brought in?

Dear Leapfrog now we have avilable the blue one, if we haven't more is by Dougs fault :D

You can get it in Zona de Inmersion in Madrid, but i don't know where are you exactly from to give you the nearest dealer.

Best Regards.

PD: Spain for gold in Poland :wink:

Dear Leapfrog now we have avilable the blue one, if we haven't more is by Dougs fault :D

You can get it in Zona de Inmersion in Madrid, but i don't know where are you exactly from to give you the nearest dealer.

Best Regards.

PD: Spain for gold in Poland :wink:
Dear Oceanic Spain (Javier & Gianni?) I am in Madrid right now (Pozuelo de Alarcon) so I will go to Zona de Inmersion to have a look. I have an Atom 2.0 which is very good and an Aeris Epic I have had quite a lot of "difficulties" with. Right now it doesn't allow me to change the Elapsed Dive Time to anything more than 10 minutes how ever much I push the button
:confused: although every thing else works fine. Are you also selling Delta 4.1 and Eos Regs and Octo Swiv Mag at Zona de Inmersion? BTW, how can I get Oceanic promotional wear (caps, shirts, etc). Thank you! I am a BIG fan of the brand! :wave:

PD Spain for Gold in Poland DEFINITELY!

Dear Leapfrog, may be the PDC's need to update the firmware, let it in Zona and we will check and update, of course it's a free update and easy to do.

About promotional we will have new adds in a pair of months. :)

Best regards.

Just got back from a trip to the Solomon Islands. Did 19 dives on this unit, plus a handful before hand.

So far I've done tec deco dives using the Z+ algorithm and multiple no-stop dives using the DSAT algorithm. What a great thing to have both options available, allowing me to choose what I want to do for a given series of dives.

The display is a good size, and the compass is easy to use. Nice to have it when needed.

Haven't been able to get the download thing happening yet. Can we expect a Mac version of the software soon? :wink::wink::wink:

Cheers

Des

Doug:

I bit the bullet and purchased an OC1 about a week ago. I did three dives with it and I also found a small problem.

First two dives were done on same day (deep and wreck training) a week ago, right after I got my OC1. After first dive, the log shows the lowest temperature is 0. Then on second dive, the lowest temperature correctly displays 53.

Yesterday I did a night dive training, and again, log displays lowest temperature is 0.

I downloaded data to Oceanlog, and all temperatures are logged correctly in Oceanlog.

I am also going to Cozumel later this month, and would really love to have OC1 with me. I already gave my OC1 to dealer today. Dealer says he probably needs to reset the computer. Any idea if this will fix the problem? If not, is this something simple to fix?

BTW, I probably won't do any dives until I am in Cozumel so I cannot verify if the problem is fixed. If the problem is not fixed, would you personally deliver a replacement to Cozumel for me? :)

Thanks!

Doug:

I got my replacement OC1 a week before Cozumel trip. But unfortunately, the replacement OC1 still shows the lowest temperature as 00 in log for first dive in a sequence. Attached are the pictures. Dive 1 is the first dive at Cozumel, then Dive 2 and Dive 3 were recorded for a PADI speciality class I took after a day of rest.

My dealer already called Oceanic and Oceanic is going to send another replacement. While I am very grateful to know Oceanic really stands behind their products, I am also wondering if the problem will be fixed on second replacement or not.

Did Oceanic tech department found out what is wrong with the first OC1 I sent back? Or could it be my user error? I did not change any settings on replacement OC1 and the only thing I can think of is since the wet activation is on, I did not manually turn to dive mode before jumping into water. My Pro Plus 2 is setup and used in the same way but it displays lowest temperature of first dive fine.

While this is not a big problem, it is nice to see it got fixed.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Dive1.JPG
    Dive1.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Dive3.JPG
    Dive3.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Dive2.JPG
    Dive2.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 69
  • His.JPG
    His.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 56
Just got back from a trip to the Solomon Islands. Did 19 dives on this unit, plus a handful before hand.

So far I've done tec deco dives using the Z+ algorithm and multiple no-stop dives using the DSAT algorithm. What a great thing to have both options available, allowing me to choose what I want to do for a given series of dives.

The display is a good size, and the compass is easy to use. Nice to have it when needed.

Haven't been able to get the download thing happening yet. Can we expect a Mac version of the software soon? :wink::wink::wink:

Cheers

Des

Thanks Des - we're working on Mac compatibility... soon is relative... I don't have an ETA at this time - but will certainly keep all posted as we progress.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom