New Reg Purchase - Any opinions on these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just purchased a Zeagle Envoy deluxe. Had an older sherwood oasis prior to the Zeagle. While I did like the oasis, the difference is night and day. I don't reget a single penny of my purchase. Solid regulator.

Oh, for what it is worth...

My LDS sells both the sea air and zeagle. The owner told me to get the Zeagle because of better construction. It is also what a lot of his tech students and tech instructors use.

I haven't found the Zeagle second stage to be too heavy. The first stage on the other hand is built like a tank. You could beat someone to death with that thing.

i just purchased a zeagle zx/50d from scuba toys. they price matched leisure pro for $344.00. they are a authorized dealer so it came with the warranty. that price is right in you listed range and it is a cold water regulator and one of their top of the line models. it is also 40% nitrox ready out of the box. it will work in warm water also.

Russ

Bought an Apeks ATX200 w/free octo from DiveTank.net in BC. Best decision I have made in a long time. Apeks service anywhere in the world and sealed for cold water use! I live in Buffalo NY and Lake Ontario can be cold in Mid July!

I have 2 zeagles. I have had them for years and years. Never a single issue breathe perfectly even at technical depths. Currently used as my primary recreational set-up. Note, I have never used the others you mention. Other options if available the Scubapro MK25 & 600 reg. or Poseidon Odin / Jetstream. I own these two systems also for deeper dive set-ups.

Just my 2 psi.

Wow! Looks like there are a lot of people that are really imressed by the Zeagle regs. Of the two Zeagels listed is there any reason so get one over the other (other than the enviro seal)?

MGW1979:
Of the two Zeagels listed is there any reason so get one over the other (other than the enviro seal)?

There is only one other difference, which is a heat transmitter on the second stage of the ZX-DSV.

The ZX-DSV is for cold water diving and the Envoy Deluxe is good for everwhere else.

Chad
FL Zeagle Sales

MGW1979:
I plan on purchasing a new Reg in the near future and have a couple in mind. Any comments, suggestions etc. are welcome!

I'm looking at:
Mares V32 Proton/Proton Ice ~ $350
Zeagle DSV or Envoy Delux ~ 300-350
SeaAir Trimetal ~ 300
Oceanic Zeta ~290

I live in Ontario so I will be doing some Great Lakes diving (not in winter though), but hopefully most of my diving will be tropical! I'm just a Recreational diver, but I want something that will work with Nitrox if I choose to use it in the future. (I think they're all nitrox compatable though). I'd like a light second stage as sometimes my jaw get tired and I end up holding the reg in my mouth with my hand.

Any input is much appreciated!
Thanks, Marek

I have a Zeagle Envoy, and A SeaAir Trimetal (and an old Sherwood Oasis). Love both regs, both breathe easy, but If I had to pick a favorite, it would be a Zeagle. Mainly because it is built in the USA. The trimetal is a sweet reg for the price, though.

MGW1979:
I plan on purchasing a new Reg in the near future and have a couple in mind. Any comments, suggestions etc. are welcome!

I'm looking at:
Mares V32 Proton/Proton Ice ~ $350
Zeagle DSV or Envoy Delux ~ 300-350
SeaAir Trimetal ~ 300
Oceanic Zeta ~290

I live in Ontario so I will be doing some Great Lakes diving (not in winter though), but hopefully most of my diving will be tropical! I'm just a Recreational diver, but I want something that will work with Nitrox if I choose to use it in the future. (I think they're all nitrox compatable though). I'd like a light second stage as sometimes my jaw get tired and I end up holding the reg in my mouth with my hand.

Any input is much appreciated!
Thanks, Marek

I have about 60 dives on a SeaAir Trimetal, down to 150', in 43F water. It breathes real easy, lightweight, no jaw fatigue. I'm satisfied with it.

Never used any of the others on your list.

Of your choices, I would go Zeagle ZX-DSV. It gives you the option to cold water if you want. I dive the Atomic B2 (modified with M1 exhaust tee and environmentally sealed). Very happy with the Atomic. My wife dives the Zeagle now. Hard to go wrong with the Zeagle.

Back
Top Bottom