New Reg Purchase - Any opinions on these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got two Tri-metals (my wife thinks one is hers) and we are both very happy with them. Only been to about 100' but breather easy and very dry even upside down. I bought them at the switch to XS and they actually carry the IDI label. Same reg. I couldn't turn down 2 for under $200. (combined)

Been tracking this a bit, I find myself torn between the Mares Abyss and the Sherwood Maximus. Maximus because of the dealer support systems worldwide, or so I read and the moisture adding feature. Abyss because it seems to be rated the best value among great regulators in the magazines.

How much does the Sherwood moisture adding element enhance a dive? Does it help with dry mouth. If money was not an option, would Mares Abyss + Apollo bio filter add be good strategy?

Thanks!

I have a Zeagle Flathead VI... love it, will buy another Zeagle reg in the future.

The "breathes great in any water warm enough to be liquid" is right on the money.

-Brandon.

Biodiversity_guy:
Been tracking this a bit, I find myself torn between the Mares Abyss and the Sherwood Maximus. Maximus because of the dealer support systems worldwide, or so I read and the moisture adding feature. Abyss because it seems to be rated the best value among great regulators in the magazines.

How much does the Sherwood moisture adding element enhance a dive? Does it help with dry mouth. If money was not an option, would Mares Abyss + Apollo bio filter add be good strategy?

Thanks!

I really noticed a difference when I switched from the Oasis to the Zeagle. I would get dry mouth by the middle of the dive. However, I have started over-hydrating (if that is the proper term) before the dive by drinking LOTS of water, and the problem is so much better. I still get dry mouth, but it is not as distracting.

I have a phobia about adding anything inline with my air supply. Plus,it is an extra maintenance item (wetting wick before diving) that I'm not sure I'd be consistently able to follow.

I've not used the Zeta, but I've heard good things about it and Oceanic's previous servo-operated regulator the Omega is, IMHO, one of the best regulators ever built, and with the enviro kit allready installed, its a bargin.

i have a seaair trimetal as a backup to my Apex, very happy with it.....great quality

I'm also considering adding the Oceanic Delta 4 to the list. Have people's experiences with this been positive?

MGW1979:
I'm also considering adding the Oceanic Delta 4 to the list. Have people's experiences with this been positive?

having dove all of them I would make this one of the two top choices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom