New Regulator Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatech:
Good idea. Look at the regs in the dive shop. waste the employes time asking him questions. buy it on line from a bunch of :censored: in the city. then take it to a dive shop and ask them to put it together. Now I know why the dive shop i go to throughs people like you out. But you will go there for a 4 dollar air fill. Because why? you cant get it from them. Why don't you let their so call service department put it together? The reason they don't put it together is so thet if something hapens to that grey market reg they can pawn it of on the person who put it together.

Just my opinion.
Which is the only one that matters.
Not even 30 but already stupid as a rock and a racist in addition. Not bad at all. Creep, learn spelling before you start trashing other.

scubatech:
Good idea. Look at the regs in the dive shop. waste the employes time asking him questions. buy it on line from a bunch :censored: in the city. then take it to a dive shop and ask them to put it together. Now I know why the dive shop i go to throughs people like you out. But you will go there for a 4 dollar air fill. Because why? you cant get it from them. Why don't you let their so call service department put it together? The reason they don't put it together is so thet if something hapens to that grey market reg they can pawn it of on the person who put it together.

Just my opinion.

So let me get this striat. If I buy a car from a dealership in another city because I can get a better price on it and then take it in for repair at a dealership in my hometown, the dealership in my hometown will not work on it because I didn't buy it there? You're about as sharp as a marble dude. If you can make a buck fixing or setting up equipment why wouldn't you? So if I just moved here from another city, I can't take my equipment in for service at my LDS for repair? By the way, I never did shop my LDS and then buy online. If I'm lucky, I"ll never have to dive with you on the same boat! I just started using this website and I hope that you are the exception not the rule here!

Fishinghawk, welcome to the scubaboard. To answer your original post, everything everyone has said is true. It is simple, look at the markings and connect accordingly, but don't overtighten.

Some people have this obsession about supporting their local dive shop, which I do as much as possible. My problem is I am 75 miles from the closest one. She (LDS Owner) goes out of her way to help me, but knows I will not run to her everytime I need something. Take what some people here with a grain of salt, and know that your assumption was correct, he is the exception, not the rule...Again Welcome...

Fishinghawk,
Car dealerships and dive shops are not the same, so your comparison is flawed. Car dealerships get paid directly from the factory for doing warranty service work - they do not do it for free, and if it is NOT under warranty, sure they will fix it, but at a CHARGE!!! Scuba shops do not get paid by the manufacturer for warranty work - at best they get free service kits.
That being said, welcome to the board!

Scott

edited cause I cain't speel. :wink:

ScottZeagle:
Fishinghawk,
Car dealerships and dive shops are not the same, so your comparison is flawed. Car dealerships get paid directly from the factory for doing warranty service work - they do not do it for free, and if it is NOT under warranty, sure they will fix it, but at a CHARGE!!! Scuba shops do not get paid by the manufacturer for warranty work - at best they get free service kits.
That being said, welcome to the board!

Scott

edited cause I cain't speel. :wink:

I don't recall ever saying I was going to have my LDS do the warranty work - If I have my LDS help me, I would gladly pay them for it. But for people to imply that I have to buy from my LDS is ridiculous. I have nothing against my LDS, they just didn't carry the Genesis Reg that I wanted so I bought it online. They did manage to get $450.00+ for my classes & rentals and they did a great job. Even if my LDS did carry the Genesis product, I still have every right to buy the dang thing where I want to and pay to have it serviced here. If my LDS doesn't want to service my equipment than well I guess I will need to find another LDS.

scubatech:
Good idea. Look at the regs in the dive shop. waste the employes time asking him questions. buy it on line from a bunch :censored: in the city. then take it to a dive shop and ask them to put it together. Now I know why the dive shop i go to throughs people like you out. But you will go there for a 4 dollar air fill. Because why? you cant get it from them. Why don't you let their so call service department put it together? The reason they don't put it together is so thet if something hapens to that grey market reg they can pawn it of on the person who put it together.

Just my opinion.
":censored: in the city"

Bro- What kind of comment is THAT? You have an awful lot of anger bottled up........seriously.

The LDS/Online debate has ran the full spectrum on this board several times. To my knowledge, you-are the FIRST to put a name on an online sellers race- ethnicity or religious preference. To add to it, you flamed a new member, not because he had it coming-but because he made a purchase in a manner other than what you think is right. Nice........it still amazes me how the anonymity of the internet can make someone-what they could never be in real life.

I cant even slam you for your approach to this guys question because it will be ME that gets kicked off the board. Nothing pisses me off more than a bully!

Agreed. All references to the individuals religion/ethnicity have been :censored: . Please refrain from that in the future.

Not all LDS think that way scubatech. Granted some have their little quaint oddities, and some their scams for earning a buck or two. However they will most likely help you out with your set up. I work from time to time in a LDS. We would have no problem to help you set up your reg. especially if it happens to be a brand we sell. Yes the LDS owner may not like the fact that you purchased it on line but he will still be willing to provide customer service to you at least in an attempt to do your service work. If he doesn't ask for a few $ for assembly of your reg offer him a tip. Once you see what to look for between a HP and LP port and how easy it is to assemble you will be off and diving. Hey take a equipment specialty class you'll learn even more

I don't understand why it didn't come assembled? Before a reg leaves our place, everything is assembled, then hooked to a tank, IP checked, breathing, purges... then it's shipped. You would be amazed at the number of times we hook up something right out of the box, and the IP is wrong, or there is a leaky o-ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom