New scuba tank standards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....guess with all that time on your hands in the evening, what the hell eh????

As for the rest of you .........go eat turkey and have a nice thanksgiving....:wink: :D

I swore I'd stay out of it, but I couldn't resist......

I heard this stat on the radio last week.

47% of all statistics are made up on the spot. :wink:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Kevin

P.S. For those of you about to jump on your keyboards, that was a funny. Now go diving and enjoy yourself.

bottom_sucker once bubbled...
So, in closing and this is only my opinion!!!!!
You are okay transporting 5 or less of your own tanks, but maybe for CYA aspect you should get a class 2 label on your tanks and transport them in open view (not car trunk). I'm attaching the label as example only, not official one.
Thanks for some clarity. There's still the personal exemption clause, previously mentioned. I carry 6 tanks most of the time (we've three divers and even if one stays home, an full tank at home isn't very useful). Not sure how I'd carry it in view. Build a rack on the roof? I think that's more in line with a pick up or flat bed with a couple of cylinders (say a oxyacetylene welding kit) fastened in back. I don't think the back window of your car would be considered open view.
As it happens I did apply placards to my dive gear trailer. I see by the regs, they're not large enough. Will have to remedy that next spring.

Back
Top Bottom