New Sidemount diver -D rings and cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You received some decent advice here. If you can, take a full length mirror to the pool or lake with you. Outside of experienced help, it is nearly impossible to get them dialed in otherwise.

Hi everyone. I’m new to Sidemount and spending a lot of time getting my kit sorted. I have a second hand xdeep tec. I’m currently diving with a 7l Ali and an 80 which I know isn’t ideal but money is an issue for purchasing another. I seem to have the 7 sitting really nicely but the 80 is riding up considerably and I think it may be the d rings position. Can anyone advise me of the best positions and how many I should have. For info I have had an excellent instructor but I purchased the rig after my course. Distance is an issue in getting more face to face help. Thank you.
View attachment 690367
Use the rubber rings that should have come with the XDeep harness on the waist belt. Then you can just slide them forward as far as needed as the AL80 gets lighter throughout the dive. DO NOT strap weights to your tanks. This makes it very difficult when you go to swing the tank out in front to get through tight spots and also creates an unnecessary snag hazard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom