New Suunto Cobra!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought mine in June of '06 (love it) but made exactly 9 dives with it before it crapped out on me. On my 10th dive it registered the PSI on the surface but when I got down past about 15'-20' it stopped registering. I made 3 more dives that weekend and it was the same with all of them. I had to borrow an analog from someone.

Fuzzmutton

cobra alone is enough.

I haven't had any problems with my Cobra, but do dive with an analog SPG and depth gauge since I had them from before I got my Cobra, and my 1st stage has 2 HP ports.

I like the fact that I don't have to worry about thumbing a dive just because my computer fails... and as a computer tech, I am intimately aware that computers seem to be programmed to fail just when they are found to be imperative.

Of course, YMMV.

My Cobra is 6 years old and has done over 250 dives, the deepest of which was 62 metres (about 200 feet). It has never missed a beat in all that time and I changed the battery for the first and only time 6 months ago. I have never used a spare SPG.

I can't speak highly enough of Suunto computers but they are quite conservative versus other brands such as Uwatec. I also have the quick disconnect and find it works extremely well.

I download all my dives to my home computer and use that as my logbook. Packhorse - I like the sound of your home made cables. I still use the original Suunto serial cable and would love to upgrade to a USB version!

In summary, you have made a great choice going with the Cobra and I'm certain you will not be disappointed. I'm trying to justify moving up to the D9 but the Cobra still works so well it is hard to rationalise the cost.

Lee

Back
Top Bottom