New Tech Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

We began a round of test dives on January 5th that are on-going. One of the key features that we're playing with is the battery life (OLED display computers eat up a lot of juice). Test dives should conclude next week.

I should have a status update end of week or early next and can provide more information.

The NiTek Q will launch as an OLED, recreational two-gas computer that is user-upgradeable to Trimix. User's also have an option to select a compass upgrade and custom gradient factor upgrade. Basically, you choose the options you want.

The NiTek Q4 will release shortly after the NiTek Q and is our rebreather model with external PPO2 monitoring. I do not know about compatibility, but will find out and post.

Kathleen

Hi,

Update on NiTek Q4 rebreather compatibility - if your rebreather head has an access port for 1/4 NPT 4th cell, you are good to go.

More updates shortly...

Kathleen

Any updates to the release date of the Q?

Hi,

Software was completed last week. We're waiting on a final ETA from our designers. I am ready and anxious to post. Lamar is out of the country teaching in Israel and he is the lead on the project. I'll have an update end of week when he returns to the states.

Kathleen

I just heard from a very credible source it might still be as far as 2 months out...

Hi,

Oh?I haven't heard that. Lamar is back from Israel and I'll check with him Monday and post what I find out.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom