New!! To anyone in EASTERN CT!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MainScubaBr

Reaction score
Hello,
Well i got my certification in november(yeah brr it was in maine). Well now i've moved down to CT! Dose anyone know a GOOD and well known job that dose dives during the spring/summer?! if so plz let me know!! :crafty:

Are you asking for someone to offer you a job to dive?
If you are asking for someone who goes diving in the spring and summer then there should be several Local Dive Shops in your area that go diving. People actually go diving in the CT area in the summer.
Down here in the south, we can go diving year round. But, many think it is too cold once the water temp drops below 80.

MainScubaBr:
Hello,
Well i got my certification in november(yeah brr it was in maine). Well now i've moved down to CT! Dose anyone know a GOOD and well known job that dose dives during the spring/summer?! if so plz let me know!! :crafty:

Are you looking for a job in eastern Connecticut that includes scuba diving, or are you looking for dive shops in eastern Connecticut that you may go scuba diving with?

What town do you live in?

Michael

The water hit 36 last year at its lowest. Lets see what this year has for us.

Soggy:
Funny, we go diving year round here, too. But, many think it is too cold once the water temp drops below 32. :)

I learned to dive in Southern California. I dove year round even Monterey Bay in January. Had a 7mm wet suit to keep me warm in water in the high 40s. Now I use a Dry Suite to dive springs in northern Florida, water temp is 72, I am becoming a wimp.

I would have to agree that 32 is too cold. Heck 32 is too cold for air temperature. :eyebrow:

rollinssm:
Are you asking for someone to offer you a job to dive?
If you are asking for someone who goes diving in the spring and summer then there should be several Local Dive Shops in your area that go diving. People actually go diving in the CT area in the summer.
Down here in the south, we can go diving year round. But, many think it is too cold once the water temp drops below 80.

I can't speak for CT but I do happen to know we don't shut down in PA for winter... just break out the drysuits when the water gets below 50 (I dive wet down to that). Just heat up a bucket of water to keep the regulator from free-flowing when you get out of the water and fire up the Coleman space heaters in the tents so your suit doesn't turn into a cracker.

50’s ? The water temps in MA. don’t get above 50 degrees, even in July & August. At least not at depth. Where did this old thread come from ? It’s more than a year ½ old, shouldn’t it be put in a closed file or something ?

Arduous:
50’s ? The water temps in MA. don’t get above 50 degrees, even in July & August. At least not at depth. Where did this old thread come from ? It’s more than a year ½ old, shouldn’t it be put in a closed file or something ?

I always laugh when I see people reporting water temperatures of 64 degrees in NELD. I think there are a lot of people that don't know how to use or read their thermometer especially when I go back to the same site a week later and see temps in the 40s.. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom