New to board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

j-tatro:
I was just wondering if anyone new if there are any schools to learn how to dive in Grand Island also i wanted to know how much i would look spend to get into diving any info is appreciated
This is just me , but in cost of diving...it depends on how serious you plan on going, if you wish to go the tech way I suggest look into halcyon, back plate and wings, apex regs, or scuba pro. scuba pro jet fins are definatly the best, don't let those split fins fool you. i had those and got no where compared to the jets. scuba pro low volume mask, easy to clear, nothing fancy. no air integrated computers, just use a suunto in gauge mode, nice to log dives, and its a good dive timer, need a back up timer, such as a watch, you can get a halcyon eclipse wing package for 595.00, jet fins 100. mask 100. and you can shop areound for computers and such, and you can get hip pockets that hook onto your harnest or have them permanantly sewn onto your wet suit. I hope I haven't bogged you down on info, but hope you can do some research from that.

NetDoc:
Welcome to the board... maybe I'll see you up at Ginnie some time. Have you joined our Instructor2Instructor forum yet?
no I didn't know there was a forum for instructors yet, I was just up diving gennie, devil's ear, orange grove, and peacock last weekend, great dives.

I was just up at ginnie last weekend, we were diving ginnie, devil's ear, peacock, orange grove, great diving, must have good traing, some gentle man had a heart attack, and even though it wasn't a "DIVE ACCIDENT" it will be called one and it will make it even harder on all the trained diver.

There is probably a joke in there somewhere but I would go there. WELCOME WELCOME TO Fantasy aaaa errrr I mean Scuba Board. Where all of your wished come true...........well most of them anyway............ok ok guys...........none of them do but you feel good ok!

Happy Diving

Greetings and Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Ahhhh...Marathon, FL one of my favorite places to dive.

Florida Tropics to Ice diving? Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Good to have you on the board.

Here's to you voodoodivegirl ~ Safe and Great Diving!

Cheers

from what i understand it is beautiful, its a ways off though, bigger deeper plans right now

Hey, j-tatro, which Grand Island do you mean? If by chance you mean Grand Island, Nebraska, I can possibly help with that. As far as how much to spend, it varies. To take the initial classes, you'll need fins, a snorkel, and a mask, all of which you should get at your local dive shop, as they'll help get you fitted properly. All that will run you around $150 or so, if you get decent, but not top-of-the-line, stuff. Then there's the class fee. The open-water certification dives at the end of the class usually cost extra. Mine were $115 for the four dives. Check with your local dive shop (LDS) for rates on classes.
Welcome to the board!
-ScubaCanoe : )

Hi,
Warm welcome to scuba board.......NAUI Instructor:wink:

Cheer
Jason:D

voodoodivegirl:
HEY
I have been diving for some years now, I am a naui instructor through Hall's.
I'va also done some caving, and trimix. just coming in to possibly get some new ideas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom