New to Diving: Diving gear help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Some back plates do not have any slots for twin cam bands, therefore they need the STA.
2. Even those come with slots may not fit the wing from other brands, so STA is necessary.
3. The STA will put the tank slightly away from the body.

I always DIY the harness, it is not easy as you may think but the end result is far more important.
Quick release is definitely NO.

If you have any friends who are living aboard and regularly visiting Philippines. Perhaps you can ask them to shop it for you.
divegearexpress has a complete Dive Rite set up for US$299.00 + post. But FREE shipment if order in excess of US$500.00.

hi, try Asia divers in Makati. I think they are having a sale for the Halcyon harness and the wings .
and for the backplate and wing bcd here's what they offer me for Php18.5K from a local dive shop... i emailed HOG for their bp/w and it will cost me 24K with shipping from taiwan. oxycheq mach v costs 28K discounted price. is orca bp/w a good buy for me?

1464786_10201472995402834_1703278087_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1481891_10201472995362833_681155129_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

@centrals, i was not expecting that it would double my initial budget. i really thought i could get these gears at around 30K. its really hard for me to test the items that i want because of no access to local dive shops in my city.

compatibility issue:

i've been searching the internet for answers but to no avail as i'm planning to mix different brands of wings and backplates. i intend to do this for the reason of cost cutting instead of buying a whole set.

for the wing, i chose the deep sea supply torus wing 26, for the backplate its either IST stainless steel or Dive Rite aluminum, for the harness an oxycheq hogarthian, and for cambands IST plastic buckle. is this set-up will do any good for me? a lot of whom i asked told me that the ORCA bp/w is not a good buy.

what do you think guys? any opinion will help.

thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom