New to scuba, trying snorkel first

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 on the hooded vest to go with the 7mm jumpsuit. Pinnacle makes a nice 7/3 hooded vest that I use with the 7mm jumpsuit when I dive wet up here. There are also other hooded vest choices, and any of them will be more comfortable than a standard hood.

I was actually looking into that 7mm/3 hood, it looks really good. The only problem is that I've only found a small and med/large. My measurements are medium. Do you think I could fit into a small anyway?

me: 155 lb, 36in chest
small: 135-155, 34-37 chest

I was actually looking into that 7mm/3 hood, it looks really good. The only problem is that I've only found a small and med/large. My measurements are medium. Do you think I could fit into a small anyway? I'm afraid it would be too small on the head and restrict neck movement, i've got a medium head

me: 155 lb, 36in chest
small: 135-155, 34-37 chest

3mm gloves?! Only if you don't need to use your hands.

Well for scientific diving it's either that or cutting the thumb and index finger off ;]
The latter isn't so good when diving with jellies.
Some divers even go for 1-2mm surf gloves. You really don't notice the cold anyways if you have a good velcro seal.

I would rather have a flooded dry glove than any thickness wet glove, and I did just that today. Cold yes! BUT, I could still feel my hand. Warm hands have dexterity.

Back
Top Bottom