New to the board..haven't been wet for a while.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TunaTodd

Reaction score
Hi all, I am completely new here but have been PADI certified since 1992. I am a Rescue Diver. My name is Todd Hansen. I haven't been wet since some jackass broke into my garage and stole all my gear except my fins and booties....grrrrrr. I was one of the brainiacs to attend College of Oceaneering in the early 90's and that is how I got interested in diving........I was employed by a dive shop locally for a little over a year....but that also was in the 90's.

I am slowly gathering gear so that I can dive again. I got into a few other hobbies since my gear disappeared though.....I need to sell a few toys to fund new diving toys...Just wanting to stop in and get up to date again. It looks like gear hasn't changed much in the last few years.....I'm sure the computers have but everything else looks pretty familiar to me.....sooooo on that note....HELLO!!

Hey TunaTodd, Love the username. Welcome to SB and sorry to hear about your gear loss, but glad to hear you're getting back into the sport. And SB is a great place to get "up to date"
David

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Good to have you with us. :chillin6: I don't know if your Southern or Northern California, but you should be able to find your local dive club forum by following this path: ScubaBoard.Com > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs> North America> United States> California Kelp Divers

:b_cowboy: don

(I just got to use that smilie now and then. Bullwhipping is almost a lost art. Gave my 11 yo Grandson his first 6 footer recently, taught him how to make and replace nylon poppers, his learning. :dance_2: I don't know that he'll ever move cattle with it, but - it's in his heritage. :) )

there are other hobbies besides diving? the horror...

welcome, and hope you're able to get it together to get it wet soon!

Welcome Todd!

Hope you enjoy SCUBA Board, I'm sure you will have an opportunity to learn and share. I have found people to be very helpful. If I can help you feel free to contact me.

All the best,

Paul

Hi Todd! Welcome to ScubaBoard! You'll have to check out the So Cal forum as we are pretty active and try and get together monthly to dive! If you want to work part-time at a dive shop locally again, let me know! :eyebrow:

See you around!

Thanks for the warm welcome so far everyone.....Anne Marie, part time huh?..now that would be a way to get that gear....which shop?

:sunny Hi TunaTodd,

I would like to Welcome you to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me.

Take care and Safe Diving

:palmtree:
-Matt-

:balloon
Click here to greet a new member!

No experience needed and it feels great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom