New To The Board...looking For A Good Place To Dive For Shark Teeth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board!

If you were headed down under you would probably have luck finding shark's teeth at the Shark Cave off Maroubra in Sydney. Beautiful dive site with (critically endangered) grey nurse sharks frequenting the cave, which is really more like an overhang.

Good luck!

Look into diving in Venice Florida. checkout Florida West Scuba School they run a great charter that puts you right on top of fossil beds in 30 feet of water. They have a small fee for the charter which includes weights and a tank (i think its $69). They are worth it though. On my second time diving with them I found a nearly perfect 4 3/4 inch megalodon tooth. There wasnt one person on the boat that didnt find any megalodon teeth. Venice is one of the best places for fossil shark tooth diving.

Don't forget Aristakat at Venice,Fl
If you went to the birthday bash, speak up and let people know if you had a great time.
Aristakat Charters 941-321-0852 the contact is Captain Jamie

aristakat really took great care of us at the bash and at only 40 bucks per 2 tank trip you cant beat the price... great boat great people great price!

I dive the Cooper every chance I get. You can find alot of teeth in the gravel beds 30 to 40 ft. However you can find better and bigger teeth in the 50 to 60ft areas. You have to have a good primary light (recommend a HID) and a back up. Not many people like to dive the holes but that is where all the good stuff is at. Be careful you dont swim under a ledge, you may not find your way out. I tethor to the anchor with a 100ft spool so that I can find my way back to the anchor line and do my safety stop. You usually dont do a S.S. in the river but at 60ft I do.

Welcome to the Boards!!! A great place to go find shark teeth is in the Cooper River near Charleston, SC

florida gulf coast. St petersburg

I would have to say the best dive trip I have ever been on is on the Aristakat. Capt Jamie has always been able to put me on top of the megalodons each and very time. One dive I picked up (3) 4 1/2 megs and a mammoth tooth. I have been fossil shark tooth collecting since 1999 and I highly recommend the aristakat. If you have any questions please pm me always willing to help with ID's or any questions. You can contact the aristakat at Depth finders (terry) 941-766-7565 or Capt. Jamie at 941 321-0852.

Back
Top Bottom