New to the List, and looking for other Full Cavers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kewldiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just found your list tonight and thought I would drop a few lines and say hello. Looks like you have an interesting setup going on.

Just a little about myself. I am located in Ft. Lauderdale Florida. I've been diving for 19yrs and just got into the tech world within the past 3yrs. I am hooked. I am NSS Full cave, TDI Advanced Trimix, and a PADI Divemaster. I dive for fun, not for work.

I am looking for other cavers who might be interested in getting together for some cave diving up around North Florida.

I love the tech end of diving, but I do also enjoy a more simple relaxing rec. dive as well. If you local and would like to get together for some diving look me up sometime. It is easier to reach me at my email address of: kewldiver@aol.com

Welcome to the boards. :cool: Do you dive the fresh water aquifers in and around Florida? My cave experiences have been ocean ones.There are some long ones in the area that I dive.500ft some of them.Feel free to share your stories etc..
Cheers Big Ears,
The Thunder from Down Under,
The one and only,
Gasman.

We're going to Peacock the 18th-19th, but that's a training trip. We usually dive the panhandle - Jackson Blue etc - our "southern" limit is probably close to your "northern" limit. My email is murchison@bellsouth.net - what's yours? - I'll put you on the list & let you know when and where we're going. If you'll put me on your list & do the same then we'll probably be able to engineer a dive sometime.
Rick

Welcome from the Northwest kewldiver. Not many caves or cavers here, but I am sure that our crew includes a few in your neighborhood!

-kate

Welcome to the board. My hubby wants to get into caving, but I'm not ready for that, yet. I'll let him know.

CB

HI and welcome.
Check out http://www.edivers.org
They are a group of 400 divers from southern Florida. Many of them are certified cave divers. They run trips up to Ginnie Springs all the time.
Have fun and Dive Safe.
Dive the Planet then Repeat,
Natasha

Hey there Marc, welcome to the Scubasource family, glad to have you aboard. Unfortunately there aren't any caves in my immediate vicinity. It's always been something I've wanted to do though. Looking forward to hearing of your adventures!

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Someone above wrote that 500 feet was long in cave diving.
Recently I read about someone who went 3500 feet into a cave is n't that long?

Distance travelled into a cave is a very poor measurement of the "length" of the penetration. Systems vary widely in structure, current, visibility, size, depth, silting potential etc, etc, etc ad nauseum...
Several have died in caves after penetrating only a few feet without proper training; WKPP routinely penetrates many thousands of feet, and deep too.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom