New TSA Regulations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder if the drink thing is a conspiracy with the airport vendors, to help increase sales?

How long do you think it will be before you can't take any electronic device (ie Ipod, computer, camera, freaking tv remote) on a plane? I assume the liquid explosive must be mixed and/or triggered somehow. How hard would it be to rig a device to do that remotely (in you baggage) and trigger it electronically!!
I see some real hard travel times comin'. specially if it involves any kind of gear. Maybe we will all eventually have to wear those hospital gowns, and buy everything you will wear or use when we get there. But then.......... what would be the point!!
Sounds ridiculous............. but.............. Think about it

divestoclimb:
Makes you wonder what the threat was: Molotovs?
Elections ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

1RUSTYRIG:
And I am flying today...great.
Post how it was... I have a flight on Wed the 16th.

I heard on Fox News this morning that the UK has banned all electronic and/or battery powered devices from carry-on. It all has to be in the checked baggage. Don't know if this is permanent to temporary.

My wife and one daughter are flying from Denver to Tampa on Sunday. Yipee.

howarde:
I wonder if the drink thing is a conspiracy with the airport vendors, to help increase sales?

--Beverages purchased in the sterile area must be consumed before boarding because they will not be permitted onboard the aircraft.--

No eyedrops of any kind without exception would really really blow. I have very dry eyes. :(

I'm traveling to Malta on Sunday, with a connecting flight at Gatwick. I was going to carry on a Storm Case with my regs and computer and put the rest of my gear in checked in baggage. Now I don't know if I want to take any of it. Maybe just rent it all there... that would suck. That, and the PSP and all the accessories I bought JUST for the traveling part of this trip are now useless... stupid terrorists....

howarde:
I found it http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/threat-change.shtm

And now we'll have to buy a $4 bottle of water, instead of bringing your own.

Nope can't even do that.

TSA:
NO LIQUIDS OR GELS OF ANY KIND WILL BE PERMITTED IN CARRY-ON BAGGAGE. ITEMS MUST BE IN CHECKED BAGGAGE. This includes all beverages, shampoo, suntan lotion, creams, tooth paste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency.

Exception: Baby formula, breast milk, or juice if a baby or small child is traveling; prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger’s ticket; and insulin and essential other non-prescription medicines

* Beverages purchased in the sterile area must be consumed before boarding because they will not be permitted onboard the aircraft.
* Passengers traveling from the U.K. to the U.S. will be subject to a more extensive screening process.

No matter how you slice it, it sucks for frequent travelers. Now I'll have to check a bag no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom