New Visual Inspection Required Before Filling with Banked Nitrox 32?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your shop, your rules.
My tank, my money, my choice.
If I dont agree, the free enterprise system allows me to quit-my-bitchin and start my own fill business with my own compressor.
That's the competetive market place. May the better service (most knowledgable) prevail.

Happy Diving!
Elena

2 phreakin' phunni!

If I stopped going to every shop that didn't understand gas handling and filling perfectly (eg the way I do :D ), I would have to start filling my own. Ya rly! Where do you draw the line? I don't. I learn to work within their framework up until it puts me at risk. Does doing a Visual Inspection put you at risk? No. Does requiring additional cleaning put me at risk? No. How about requiring a NitrOx sticker? Again, no. I've had all these three thrown at me, when I don't believe them to be necessary. I simply let them have their way. Why fight it? It doesn't put me at risk. It doesn't hurt me at all. It might cost me a bit more, but so what? With the amount that diving costs, what's another ten bucks? It's simply not my tipping point that will drive me from a shop or even from diving forever. Life's too short and I would rather not waste 20 minutes either way to save $10. It's simply a matter of perspective.

A part of me agrees with you completely on this. What's another $10 bucks really? It will cost me $6 in gasoline to take my tanks to the next nearest place that banks nitro, so in two trips I'm ahead. But . . . I can't help it. It's the principle of the thing. Maybe I'll get tired of the extra drive and give in, but for now . . . I just cannot.

You mentioned that this was not the ONLY reason you are going elsewhere. I vote with my fins all the time. Sometimes they ask me why I've been away for so long, and I rarely tell them that I don't enjoy doing business with them. I just don't worry about a shops' knowledge of NitrOx as long as they don't put me in danger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom