New West Michigan Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, BTW.

Tim is selling Zeagle, Atomic, XS, and some other lesser lines. He's also stocking analyzers and other stuff.

One reason people lose respect for this board is name calling. I do not necessarily have a favorable opinion of Ocean Sands Scuba (that "other shop") but its owner does not deserve slander by anonymous contributors to this board. It is enough to say that there is a new shop in Holland. The market and word of mouth will take of the rest. Those satisfied with an existing shop will stay there and other customers may go elsewhere. That's how the free market works.

Chuck deserves all the slander that this board can dish out. Also, the ability for all of us to express our opinion, good, bad, slander, and anything else is what makes this board entertaining as well as a useful tool. If people come on here and blow sunshine up everyone's a$$, it would make the board useless. Honesty and free speech are what keep this board a valuable tool.

Cobaltblue,

Not sure if you were aware, but there is a new shop opening in the next month or two up by Twin Lake.

Chuck deserves all the slander that this board can dish out. Also, the ability for all of us to express our opinion, good, bad, slander, and anything else is what makes this board entertaining as well as a useful tool. If people come on here and blow sunshine up everyone's a$$, it would make the board useless. Honesty and free speech are what keep this board a valuable tool.
Opinions and free speech are fine things that we all support. Slander is another. The moderators, as I understand it, are charged with the duty to remove slander - not to limit free speech but to save the board from being sued. Slander is the one thing that can put it out of business.
That said, I am not disputing the merits of anything you have to say short of slander. I, like a lot of people, are former customers of the shop you describe.

1) Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
2) A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

Don't know the man but its only slander if he ISN'T arrogant. If he is its just a descriptive term.
Gary

Cobaltblue,

I do have some details, but don't know if I should drop names. What I can say is that the building is almost ready, compressor has been purchased. It will carry Aqualung. Several individuals including myself have been asked if we are interested in, being on staff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom