New Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kestrell

Reaction score
The wife just unexpectedly ordered me a new 7mm wetsuit, hood, gloves, and boots, all Henderson Hyperstretch, from Scuba Toys. She ordered some for herself too. She is awsome. Of course I bought all of the rest of her gear, so she still owes me big time, but it's a start.

Wow, congratulations on a nice gift and a great wife. Can I marry her when you're done with her?

I got a Henderson Hyperstretch for my wife, I thought it was a great trade

Just kidding. I love my Hyperstretch and my wife. Infact, she and I just celebrated our 25th anniversary last week.......

The new suit came in yesterday. tried it on and it was great. No struggling to get the suit on, no baby shampoo, no powder needed at all. I can't wait to go diving this weekend at Dutch Springs and try it out.

Henderson = really high quality wetsuit.

Okay, final update. The new suit was great. Warm, flexible, and easy to put on and take off (except for the part where I forgot to take my dive knife off of my leg and couldn't figure out why I couldn't pull my leg out of the suit).

Anyway, Herderson Hyperstretch suits are expensive, but worth it. My next purchase is a 3mil. Hyperstretch w/ Auquasuede.

Oh yeah, keep velcro away from your Hyperstretch suit, it will chew it up.

I had heard that because of the "flexibility", that those suits only last a couple years because the neoprene does not hold up too well. Comments???

scuba_frog:
I had heard that because of the "flexibility", that those suits only last a couple years because the neoprene does not hold up too well. Comments???

I can see them being a bit more fragile than other suits, but with a bit more care they should last about as long as an ordinary suit depending on your diving habits. I think it is a fair trade since I felt much more comfortable and even used less air during my dives.

Kestrell,
I have ZERO experience picking out wetsuits. But I need to find one for my daughter (almost fourteen, but adult sized,) that will still allow her to 'breathe'. She backed out of a cenote dive because of it. She was bummed out too. She won't wear one in the ocean either. And since I'm trying to create my own dive buddy out of her I need to find a wetsuit for her that she can breathe in. Will the Henderson be able to help her feel less squeezed? And worse yet, she needs ample space in the chest. Anyone else ever have this problem?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom