New Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL, not the chest part, but the breathing part!!!!!!

pennypue:
Kestrell,
I have ZERO experience picking out wetsuits. But I need to find one for my daughter (almost fourteen, but adult sized,) that will still allow her to 'breathe'. She backed out of a cenote dive because of it. She was bummed out too. She won't wear one in the ocean either. And since I'm trying to create my own dive buddy out of her I need to find a wetsuit for her that she can breathe in. Will the Henderson be able to help her feel less squeezed? And worse yet, she needs ample space in the chest. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Many people, my wife included, find the Henderson Hyperstretch suits much less constricting. I never had a problem with a regular suit, but even I noticed that I was able to breathe better and had better overall range of motion with the Hyperstretch.

any clue on price?
remember======>PUE is a clueless newbie
AND blonde

pennypue:
any clue on price?
remember======>PUE is a clueless newbie
AND blonde

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Scuba_Wetsuits_Womens.asp

Click this link to Scuba Toys. They are asking $329.00 It is much more than some of the regular wetsuits, but it is a good deal on a Henderson wetsuit. Scuba toys also has hoods, gloves, boots, and just about anything else you need as well.

thanks kestrell!!! too bad they don't have my kind of colors........ :D
but my daughter saw and liked! oddly, she seemed to think comfort and fit is better than style and color.......must deprogram her.

i think we will most likely start off with just the 3mil suit instead of the 7/5 and layer over it if we need the warmth. 244USD might be a bit steep (for the 3), but it would be even worse if i could only get her to warm water dive.

Depending on where you live... you might need more then a 3 mil just to be cocmfortable. There nothing worse then getting cold on an otherwise perfect dive!

Kayla :dazzler1:

Kayla:
Depending on where you live... you might need more then a 3 mil just to be cocmfortable. There nothing worse then getting cold on an otherwise perfect dive!

Kayla :dazzler1:

Very true. You will need a 7mil. if you are diving locally (in Ohio). A 3mil. is only going to be good for warmer water.

At this point I think most of my dives will be in warmer water. I'm also trying to move to Florida. :11ztongue

I don't think I can get my daughter to ZIP a 7 mil. I have to start with babysteps. Me personally, I'm willing to squeeze into ANYTHING that will get me in the water. So for myself, the 7mil would be great. Would that be too thick to use for tropical diving?

pennypue:
At this point I think most of my dives will be in warmer water. I'm also trying to move to Florida. :11ztongue

I don't think I can get my daughter to ZIP a 7 mil. I have to start with babysteps. Me personally, I'm willing to squeeze into ANYTHING that will get me in the water. So for myself, the 7mil would be great. Would that be too thick to use for tropical diving?

Yes, you would be too hot with a 7mil. in the tropics.

A lot of people have a 7mil and a 3mil.

As far as squeezing in to a 7mil, with a Hyperstretch, it isn't really a problem.

Back
Top Bottom