New Whites Fusion Bullet Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike, any chance you can get some more detail/close-up shots of the pockets and tell us about the material the pockets are made from? I'm wondering if these new pockets are less "floppy" with stuff in them.

-- I've solved the footgear issues, (

Lynne, would you mind revealing what you ended up doing for boots? I'm still looking for the ideal solution.

Thanks,

Henrik

I'm not sure what Lynne uses...and she might have a better solution than I do, but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I've been using Chuck Taylors/Converse and they've been working great. Best part is that they still fit my L Jets, so I didn't have to get new fins. Though, it does take me awhile to get them on (lacing the sneakers and making sure they're tight enough and comfortable).

And HenrikBP, I hear you on the floppy pockets. I'm still trying to get used to the flimsy velcro flaps...makes it harder to close and clean-up underwater.

I'm kind of excited about this new skin. Can't wait to hear more about it. Though, as Rainer mentioned, I am pretty happy with my Tech skin right now!

Mike, any chance you can get some more detail/close-up shots of the pockets and tell us about the material the pockets are made from? I'm wondering if these new pockets are less "floppy" with stuff in them.

Lynne, would you mind revealing what you ended up doing for boots? I'm still looking for the ideal solution.

Thanks,

Henrik

Just got back from the show...I will get you more pics of the pockets tomorrow :wink: I will also mention the closure flap as a potential point of more material to stiffen it up....it did seem stiffer than others, but I didn't pay a ton of attention

I've been using Chuck Taylors/Converse and they've been working great.

And HenrikBP, I hear you on the floppy pockets. I'm still trying to get used to the flimsy velcro flaps...makes it harder to close and clean-up underwater.

Jenth; Thanks, I did try Chuck Taylors, but they are too narrow for my duck width feet. Couldn't find fins that fit the Whites boots to my liking either. So I'm using my 5 mil Scubapro wet boots on top of the Fusion sock. I like the feel and flexibility I get, but the sole is much too soft for any serious walking.

Just got back from the show...I will get you more pics of the pockets tomorrow :wink: I will also mention the closure flap as a potential point of more material to stiffen it up....it did seem stiffer than others, but I didn't pay a ton of attention

Mike, pictures would be great. Thanks. If you discuss pockets with the crew from Fusion, please make them stiffen up everything about the pocket as compared to the Tech LE skin. After all, if Dive Xtras and XS Scuba can put a "real" pocket on thin stretchy neoprene, I have faith in Whites that they can too (hint, hint) :)

Henrik

I lost patience with the footgear issue, after I kicked off a shoe in a cave in Florida, and of course, the fin went with it. Luckily, it was during a class, and the instructor went back in the zero viz mess I created when I lost my balance and found the shoe and fin.

I got out of the water and put the suit in for service. I have Turbosoles on it now. The jury is still out on them, but the minor issues they've presented I seem to be solving rapidly and neatly. I lost the ability to turn the legs of the suit inside-out easily, though.

Lest people get the wrong idea, the attached dry socks and EVO3 or Alterra boots work great for most Fusion users. They are much better made than DUI Rockboots and Whites now also offers a soft boot that attaches to the legs of the Fusion creating a boot that will not depart the suit, but is still readily removeable if desired to turn the legs inside out or to dive with a EVO3 style boot.

Yes, the Whites boots are beautiful, but they're in men's sizes. The attached boots look like a reasonable solution, but I wanted to get rid of all the excess fabric of the suit sock, anyway.

Lest people get the wrong idea ...

I don't think there is a "wrong" idea to get here. Those of us who've posted about Fusion footwear have done so in a manner that indicates that the supplied options were not ideal *for us*. Far be it from me to suggest that my solution is for everyone or even most :wink:

Henrik

Here you go Henrik :wink: The gator skin does make the pocket flap more stiff so its easier to close.

They DO NOT have pricing yet. So everyone that has been wanting it, I am not ignoring you, its just not available yet....as soon as I get it, I will let you all know :wink:

PIC_0008.jpg

PIC_0009.jpg

PIC_0011.jpg

PIC_0010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom