New Whites Fusion Bullet Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang! Looks like I got my Ltd. Ed. skin a few months too early.

I guess in a couple of years the next generation of skin will be out with major improvements over the Bullet skin by then. I am sure I will be ready for a new skin by then.

Thanks Mike for the sneak peek and the input. You are a great asset to the rest of us.

Dang! Looks like I got my Ltd. Ed. skin a few months too early.

I guess in a couple of years the next generation of skin will be out with major improvements over the Bullet skin by then. I am sure I will be ready for a new skin by then.

Thanks Mike for the sneak peek and the input. You are a great asset to the rest of us.

This won't be available until around June. So I know you will be glad you didn't wait. You never know where the shape of the suit will go. The design of the suit is Perfect, now they get to play with the skin and have a few different options.

Be sure to know that people are reading this, even though they don't respond ;0 Your ideas are being thought about and stimulating more innovation

I think Whites has the opportunity to build the king of all drysuits. Coming up with a way to stick the pockets to the underlying bag is a BIG step forward.

Most of us who are doing technical or cave diving want a capacious pocket. Most of my pockets have an annoying strip of Velcro down the sides to allow collapsing the pocket when it's empty. It's never empty, and I hate the Velcro. Similarly, the zippers on these new pockets will never be used.

Grommets are critical. We tie loops in our pockets. We can even be pretty anal about exactly where and how the loops are tied (my cave instructor made me retie all of mine). I don't want a D-ring -- it makes it too hard to pull stuff out and sort through it.

I would love a solution to floppy pocket flaps and velcro, but honestly, all the pockets I've ever had have had floppy velcro flaps and I'm used to them. Changing the flaps would be a (welcome) gear solution to a technique problem :) A stiffener of any sort would make life more pleasant.

The Fusion is such a remarkable suit. The attached shoes are a step forward. Solving the pocket issues would make the suit damned near perfect.

I've been eyeing a Fusion for some time, as I like to swim long distances and want the lowest drag I can get (which is why my current DS is a CF200, but it weighs a ton and is bulky to transport). I tried a Fusion at a demo day in Monterey once, but the rockboots didn't fit my fins and the ones I borrowed screwed up my trim, so I couldn't do a good test of my consumption. And they didn't have a tech skin yet.

Agreed on the lack of need for a collapsible pocket. After all, if you're not carrying a bunch of stuff, why wouldn't you just use the regular skin? Those of us who watn a tech skin want large pocket capacity. I also have issues with velcro and wet gloves. I have a Dive-Rite strap-on thigh pocket that has way too much hook velcro on the underside of the flap. Getting anything in or out of the pocket is a two-hand job, because I have to use one hand to hold the flap clear of my glove so that I don't stick to the velcro. Maybe the answer is to put the hook velcro on the outer face of the pocket, with the loop velcro on the underside of the flap?

Although I don't have one on my CF200 dry suit yet, I like the zip flap pocket on the Halcyon pockets, even with the sand jamming issue. It would be such a nice place to carry my car key, clipped off to a bungie. If the zipper jams I carry another in an undergarment pocket, but it's really nice to be able to return to my car, unlock it and remove the BP/Wing/tank right into the cargo area, instead of having to remove all of that first just to get to my key. As it is I carry it clipped off to the D-ring inside the Dive-Rite pocket; the right leg has a DUI zip pocket with no way to attach anything.

Oh, and if/when I get a Fusion, it will be red. If the coasties are going to spot anyone in the water, I want it to be me:D I've never understood the rationale behind black drysuits, except that they're supposedly :cool2:

Guy

Oh ya :D For those with lace up boots, you will love this :D I got a bunch on order. You just pull them tight, and slide the lock down....no more lacing and all the BS that goes with it...just took the pics today

Whites Quick Draw Boot Lace System - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Yes, this is what I've been looking for. Sometimes even with a double knot on the EVO3's, the laces would still come undone and I'd be wondering why my kicks were feeling so sloppy. I had looked into ones designed for running shoes but they were pretty much too small and I wasn't too sure about the hardware holding up in the ocean.

Thanks for all the updates.

Erik

Oh ya :D For those with lace up boots, you will love this :D I got a bunch on order. You just pull them tight, and slide the lock down....no more lacing and all the BS that goes with it...just took the pics today

Whites Quick Draw Boot Lace System - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

The one thing that is missing with all the boots is arch support. Let's face it. Tech gear is heavy. If you have to walk any type of distance, arch support becomes important. I bought the new boots that velcro in, and I'm still looking for arch supports that fit correctly and will hold up under water.

Carrie

When is Whites going to realize that pre-cut sizes ain't gonna fit a lot of us?

Offer custom cut and I'd buy a Fusion tomorrow. I like the idea of a drysuit that doesn't fit like a bag, but I'm short, fat with stubby legs. Regular sizes don't fit me. So, failing all else, I would have to go with DUI even though I don't care for their baggy style just because they offer custom cut...and a slew of colors!!! Last I checked I ain't no badass naval commando.

When is Whites going to realize that pre-cut sizes ain't gonna fit a lot of us?

Offer custom cut and I'd buy a Fusion tomorrow. I like the idea of a drysuit that doesn't fit like a bag, but I'm short, fat with stubby legs. Regular sizes don't fit me. So, failing all else, I would have to go with DUI even though I don't care for their baggy style just because they offer custom cut...and a slew of colors!!! Last I checked I ain't no badass naval commando.

Have you tried one on?

carrie, I thought the arch support on the Evo boots was excellent. They were just so wide in the heel that they wouldn't stay on my feet very well. They're beautiful boots.

carrie, I thought the arch support on the Evo boots was excellent. They were just so wide in the heel that they wouldn't stay on my feet very well. They're beautiful boots.

I bought the new boots that velcro on. They have no arch support. I had tried on a friend's pair of evo's but they didn't fit me in the heel, also. I didn't remember them having arch support.

Carrie

Back
Top Bottom