New Wreck: Ophelia Brian sunk off Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SEA TAXI is actually barely 200 feet long. Several other vessels sunk in Miami-Dade, which are larger - aside from the ones Brian named (BTW - AUGIE FERRIGNO/REX BEAR is only 202.6' LOA) - PROTEUS, DEEP FREEZE (not a sister ship, as this was a reefer, while SEA TAXI is dry/general cargo), ULTRA FREEZE, LAKELAND, SHERI LYN...

But it will be the largest sunk off Miami this year at least...
:D

Still, I hardly get an opportunity to dive wreck that has been just sunk :)

SEA TAXI is actually barely 200 feet long. Several other vessels sunk in Miami-Dade, which are larger - aside from the ones Brian named (BTW - AUGIE FERRIGNO/REX BEAR is only 202.6' LOA) - PROTEUS, DEEP FREEZE (not a sister ship, as this was a reefer, while SEA TAXI is dry/general cargo), ULTRA FREEZE, LAKELAND, SHERI LYN...

But it will be the largest sunk off Miami this year at least...
:D

I've been scheduled to dive the Rex Bear a few times but boat breakdowns, rough seas, and excessive current for the Miami boats have conspired against every trip. Googling it just now, I found the listed LOA anywhere and everywhere between 200 and 300' :)

Still, I hardly get an opportunity to dive wreck that has been just sunk :)

There is another one going down off St. Lucie right after New Year's as well, but that (tug BIG AL) is being dropped in just over 180 feet of water.

There is another one going down off St. Lucie right after New Year's as well, but that (tug BIG AL) is being dropped in just over 180 feet of water.

Well this is past my level of training. So I'll pass.

It is all about sport fishing here in St Lucie County.... sorry...

It was a cool dive! I really enjoyed it a lot!

pic of her being positioned before sinking

22092498_640X360.jpg

Mike, were you on the RJ boat and dive? I was there too!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom