New Wreck: Ophelia Brian sunk off Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both of you are friends and dive buddies of mine and you will have a blast diving together.

Do this on a Friday or a Sunday sometime and invite me!

I read threw the posts here and didn't see the depth for the wreck or how she is laying. Is she laying upright??? Thanks

Report from Tyler indicated following....

"She went down in less than ten minutes on Wednesday [12/30/2009] and after a lateral twist she landed upright on the sandy sea floor at 105’ at the props and 115’ at the pointy end!"

Book a spot on RJ's afternoon trip on Saturday. It would be good to meet another board member :)

If someone grabs the GPS coordinates, can they PM me? I like to put the dive site GPS coordinates in my logbook. Thanks!

I would love to roll with RJ this weekend and check out the new wreck, but alas I have a student on the SeaXP. Still going to be a fun weekend for sure.

Breaking out the drysuit... of course!

That's a good plan.

With a high of 54 and "brisk" winds up to 26 knots, I think I will elect for a single technical dive as opposed to freezing my butt off on the SI.......

TONIGHT
WEST WINDS 9 TO 14 KNOTS. NEAR SHORE...SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS. WELL OFFSHORE...SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS BUILDING TO 2 TO 3 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. CHANCE OF RAIN.

SATURDAY
NORTH WINDS 21 TO 26 KNOTS. NEAR SHORE...SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET. IN THE GULF STREAM...SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET BUILDING TO 6 TO 8 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY. SHOWERS.

That's a good plan.

With a high of 54 and "brisk" winds up to 26 knots, I think I will elect for a single technical dive as opposed to freezing my butt off on the SI.......

Thats our plan... Terri is bringing the drysuit, I'm breaking out the 7mm and my Trusty TruWest...

105' for 70 or until we get bored gets us out in the 90-110 min mark...

With a high of 54 and "brisk" winds up to 26 knots, I think I will elect for a single technical dive as opposed to freezing my butt off on the SI.....
I'm looking forward to reading the dive review of the wreck after our canceled attempt last Saturday. On another note, temps for Sat and Sun here in Vancouver are 49 and 52 respectively. You should come over and do some dives over here. We have shore dive wrecks that sit in 100' of water as well shore dive straight-drop walls that bottom out at around 500' to 600'.

BTW, my sister-in-law said she was going to drop off some things over at my cousin's place in Weston tomorrow. She'll also return your mesh bag at that time. I had planned to personally drive to Weston a day before I left Florida, but the womenfolk requisitioned the vehicle for last day shopping purposes. Apparently there's a brand of makeup that is not available in Canada and she had to have it.

thanks mike

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom