New Wreck: Ophelia Brian sunk off Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, what dive operators are running out to the Ophelia Brian?
I've actually never dived from Miami-Dade... (always left from Broward or West Palm Beach on the East Coat there.) Who's good in Miami? I'm always up for diving a new wreck!

So, what dive operators are running out to the Ophelia Brian?
I've actually never dived from Miami-Dade... (always left from Broward or West Palm Beach on the East Coat there.) Who's good in Miami? I'm always up for diving a new wreck!

RJ Diving Ventures - The Best Wreck and Reef Diving in Miami

RJ Diving has 2 tank dive on Saturday that I know of. Again, this is VERY divers friendly wreck. Plenty of opportunity to run a reel for practice. So this is excellent wreck for wreck class.

I read threw the posts here and didn't see the depth for the wreck or how she is laying. Is she laying upright??? Thanks

With help from Miami-Dade County's Department of Environmental Resources Management, workers from the Bruce Schurgar Company are slated to put the ship down in 100 feet of water.

I saw an interview on Wednesday on channel 7 news where one of the people diving right after sinking it said that the boat was sitting perfectly as they planned. The underwater video footage also showed an upright boat. I remember noting a diver that went over the railing into the deck with his loose octopus trailing behind him and resting on top of the railing.

Just wanted to post the official new name of the wreck: Ophelia Brian

(to help future search)

I'm going to see if we can get a MOD to change the subject name of this thread to include the name and location (off Miami). if that's ok with everyone. will help future searches and also with current viewers.

so change it from "New Wreck" too something like "New Wreck: Ophelia Brian sunk off Miami"

I'm going to see if we can get a MOD to change the subject name of this thread to include the name and location (off Miami). if that's ok with everyone. will help future searches and also with current viewers.

so change it from "New Wreck" too something like "New Wreck: Ophelia Brian sunk off Miami"

Done.

I saw an interview on Wednesday on channel 7 news where one of the people diving right after sinking it said that the boat was sitting perfectly as they planned. The underwater video footage also showed an upright boat. I remember noting a diver that went over the railing into the deck with his loose octopus trailing behind him and resting on top of the railing.

It wasn't me :) I don't have dangly things :wink:

She is upright alright. Depth at the prop is 104 on the sand. I think it is few feet deeper at the bow.

Plenty of things to swim through, run the wreck reel etc... very diver friendly!

Last edited:
Are these wrecks open to being fished? If so, that's too bad because we know exactly what will happen.

Ophelia Brian is 210' and while not the biggest, it is up there with a good group as one of the largest. By the way Ophelia Brian, Deep Freeze and Ultra Freeze were all built by J.J. Sietas in Hamburg, Germany thus making them sister ships.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom