New Years dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

visability should be good,I just hope the weather is decent.Does anyone have one of those outdoor fireplaces with the screen around it,that would be nice to warm up around.

I'll make it there too. I need to burn some air and try out my new BC. I'll be diving a 7mm so I'll probably just hang out and dive a bit and watch the drysuit divers laughing at me as I turn blue. I'll get a chance to meet everybody and learn which drysuit everybody likes since I'll be getting DS certified after the 1st of the year from Divers Supply.

Hey all,
Probably won't make it out this year. I was there for year 1, 2 and 3. Kinda sad but I tried on my drysuit tonight and realized that the rubber socks that I had put in them had holes all in them. Dumb me forgot to talc them up when I stored the drysuit and since it's been since July since I've dove, they kinda "melted" together. Neck and wrist seals look good!

Also kind of became a WWW (Warm Water Wuss). Of course Gennie spings is only 4 hours south!

If I don't make it, you all have fun and I'll see you around.

J:

So am I the only one going "Old School".

Shortie under a two piece?

What were the requisites, "40 feet, 20 min, Dodge Ault Dropping like a stone, loose one side of weight swim crooked 200 yards"

I almost forgot how much fun this was.

What do I bring?

Braz

Watch it! I'll get ya! If ya ain't serious about getting to depth get out of the way!

:)

Mike

Hello old friend It's been too long.
I have lurked, and am very glad to see that you found the camera.

Braz

woo hoo! looking forward to the dive, I'll be loaded down with all the new gear I got for xmas so maybe I'll be the dirt dart this year :) I might even rig a stage and dive with it for practice before I head to the quarry next week for my tech class.

Howdy all you LooneyBirds! Hope you had a great Christmas. Sounds like you're gonna have a fun New Years dive. Kraken, I won't be down, but thanks for the invite this past summer at LochLowMinn. I plan on diving the Tn. River in downtown Chattanooga on New Years. I'm beginning to think I'm crazy. The water temp is around 50-52, weather forcast is "wintery mix",
and of course I only have a 5/4/3 wesuit. Pain is just weakness leaving the body. Have a great and happy New Year! See some of you at Springfest.

Just looked on the forecast for Tues., looks like a high of around 41 degrees!! and wind!!
I think maybe for this time of year the Lake Lanier Looney Birds ought to change the name to the Lake Lanier Penguins!

Willis and Howard at Divers Supply said if I come up there I'll only regret it if I don't bring my gear, so I'm getting ready to hit the drink with my mighty 7mm one piece, besides that's what fires and heaters are for, people who aren't drysuit divers yet.
I'll see how fast I can shed the wetsuit and get into some dry duds once I get back on shore.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD DIVE!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom