New Years dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, who is still planning on being there in spite of the weather? I'm planning on it. I will be diving if I'm over this cold I have, which I should be. If not, I will be there for surface support.

I will be there.

the K

So much for my good intentions. My wife has had bronchitis for the last 4-5 days, had to take her to Dr. earlier today. Now I'm coming down with it.
Surface temp. 40s with wind + bottom temps. 40-50s + wetsuit= the FLU for me
I'll get up there soon to WBP and get in the water, my gills are getting very dry.
HAPPY DIVING EVERYONE for 2008!!!

OK, the DIVE kicks off at 12 noon. No need to get there early in the morning and have to knock frost off your regs.

The thing is just to meet up, do a logable "dive", get out of the blue lips water, then eat, have a couple of beers and say, "OH YEAH, WE BE Da BaDDEST!!!".

It's just about friendship, camraderie, diving and good times.

Hey, iffen ya just want to come up and put some Brats on the grill, that's OK too !!

the K

Sorry I won't make it. Strep throat. Hope everyone has a great dive!

Mike

Well Ciff and I showed up at 9:30 got in the water viz suxed and hung out till 11:40 and nobody else showed. John Armstrong showed for a little surface suport but that was it. If dive time was 12:00 people shouldhave been there by the time we left. What happened. Tim
:(:(

I injured myself last night. I hope you had a good time! I'm disappointed I didn't make it.

tim, what would you say the viz was at depth?

I had that weird feeling about the New years dive this year. Something in the air just didn't feel right (so to speak). Diving has not been as enjoyable as it was in years past either. I'm not sure what has happened. None of the "old" dive budies are really active anymore.

I remember a few years ago even before we had the Lake Lanier Looney birds forum the only stuff ever posted in the Deep Dixie Divers was us Looney Birds. On any given week one of us was diving Lanier and posting reports with Time, Temp, Depth and Viz...oh yea, and pictures, pictures, pictures. We all seemed to meet up and dive alot back then. I don't know what happened to everyone (this includes me)! Kyle P Reid, Coragan, ScubaPT, etc. was always on the forum and we always seemed to meet up and have the old "Dive and Dine" each month. We used to all trek over to the quarry's and actually went to PCB and the springs when someone just posted it up on the forums. I don't know what happened.

My resolution for 2008 is to get out more and dive and enjoy time with old friends and make some new dive buddies.

Hope to see you all in the water soon,

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom