Newbie Diving in NorCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very newly certified and want to get more practice in. Descending, buoyancy control, not shooting up to the surface when my tank is low etc. I'm in the East Bay and looking for some place semi close to go to. I did just see the post about Folsom and didn't even think about lakes as a possibility. I like the thought of lakes, hate the thought of all the drunk a-holes driving the boats above. I would also need to rent bcd / reg / tanks / wetsuit, so if there are dive shops close to the locations, a plus. Any suggestions of relatively tame local locations to get more time in underwater? I am keeping an eye on local shops fun dives they have, but I am not totally sure how they work yet and don't want to be a downer on other people's dive, ie I'm out of air so we all have to come up. *my husband is newly certified with me so I wouldn't be going by myself.
Glad you saw the folsom one. Last minute, literally packing for Tahoe right now. Less than 24 hours ago we said, "we should go to Tahoe." Although catalina was first in the list but not doable within the time limit.

Whatever divingLion? Or whatever his on line name is he's absolutely right. I don't even have to read it. Mike is a bad ass.

Even in living in Roseville ca, we can still find a puddle to splash in, just need creativity and scuba friends :)
Very newly certified and want to get more practice in. Descending, buoyancy control, not shooting up to the surface when my tank is low etc. I'm in the East Bay and looking for some place semi close to go to. I did just see the post about Folsom and didn't even think about lakes as a possibility. I like the thought of lakes, hate the thought of all the drunk a-holes driving the boats above. I would also need to rent bcd / reg / tanks / wetsuit, so if there are dive shops close to the locations, a plus. Any suggestions of relatively tame local locations to get more time in underwater? I am keeping an eye on local shops fun dives they have, but I am not totally sure how they work yet and don't want to be a downer on other people's dive, ie I'm out of air so we all have to come up. *my husband is newly certified with me so I wouldn't be going by myself.
Glad you saw the folsom one. Last minute, literally packing for Tahoe right now. Less than 24 hours ago we said, "we should go to Tahoe." Although catalina was first in the list but not doable within the time limit.

Whatever divingLion? Or whatever his on line name is he's absolutely right. I don't even have to read it. Mike is a bad ass.

Even in living in Roseville ca, we can still find a puddle to splash in, just need creativity and scuba friends :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom