Newbie help; basics about good/cheap diving Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pak, I did check and yes they do have a credit charge... :( which I understand...:popcorn: I don,t know how much it is though... I hope it's not as much as the tax in itself (12% if you use your card).

4-6 weeks worth of cash, at least for meals. That can be quite a bit of $$$ to bring with you (I don't particularly like traveling with lots of cash).

Apparently the rooms don,t have kitchen facilities (normal!), so I don't know if Id be able to get around always eating in restaurants? Any markets/shops where you can get fruit and fresh produce on Malapascua? Bottled water?

Thanks!:coffee:

I don't usually stay for as long as you intend to. I'm heading there in November - should be on the island by the 21st thru 27th.

Ging Ging's will probably be the cheapest on the island as it is traditional Filipino food otherwise I met a Brit who made an arrangment with one of the locals for very low budget food - breakfast of eggs and rice for maybe $1-2. She just had a little shack close to the beach for her family right next to Badmans resort where TDS's shop used to be. Chat with the shops there I'm sure they will give to some pointers like an occational trip to Cebu or Bogo for funds during your stay. They would always go to Bogo with customers who needed to pay via credit card in the past. Some shops will accept American Express travelers checks as payment but again they will figure in a service fee.

no need to investigate, you just report it to the credit company and they'll revoke the accreditation/privilege agreement and black list the concerned entity.
I'm curious if anyone has ever done this? As Kuya Jon said, this happens everywhere and it's so much more convenient to use credit. The only reason I prefer not to use credit is because of the charge - and I hate carrying a lot of cash on me.

most resorts (even in PG) charges a surcharge if u use your credit card. the few times i did it, 6-7% is the standard. even in Cabilao (Polaris), they normally add 4-5% (i think) if you pay in card but Maria waived it so we just paid for what was due.

tried to report an electronic shop charging 7% surcharge to the bank once thru their callcenter. the silly agent informed it is really up to the merchant. i guess she is not aware of DTI Department Administrative Order No. 10, Series of 1006.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom