Newbie in Ft lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bonnie&Clyde

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just signed up to this site.... Its amazing the amount of people that are on here. Its cool to see you guys get together and plan trips.

I am looking for buddy divers. I have only done 6 dives (4 miami 2 bimini). I keep my boat in ft lauderdale and have no clue what good dives spots are out the port.

:D

I just signed up to this site.... Its amazing the amount of people that are on here. Its cool to see you guys get together and plan trips.

I am looking for buddy divers. I have only done 6 dives (4 miami 2 bimini). I keep my boat in ft lauderdale and have no clue what good dives spots are out the port.

The good news is there's a three-tiered reef system that parallels most of the Broward County coastline and it's relatively easy to locate provided you have a decent bottom machine in your boat.

PM me anytime you want to go diving.. as far as sights as long as you have a gps the dive locations are pretty easy to get to :wink:

head out PE once you clear the inlet head south keeping at a depth of around 60-70' you will start to see a set of bouy's thats HammerHead reef its a nice spot
remember like said already our reefs start at abot 20-30' ans head out there are typicaly 3 reef lines follow you sonar and you will see plenty of spots
another good place is in the area of Comercial Blvd straight out 1st 2nd or 3rd reef are real nice
check out one of the local dive shops they should carry a paper back book witha big dive flag (sorry i forget the name) but it lists sites from jupter to miami with Gps cordinates
i spent 2 days entering everything on my Display unit with all the details now i just click and let the boat take me there

we have some of the closest and best diving in our back yard

dive safe

Hiya Bonnie&Clyde and Welcome to the Scubaboard.
Come join me on any of my posted dives and if you need a buddy I am free evenings and weekend.
Have fun and be safe:wink:
Kim P

thanks for all the replies.... I love this sport its soo addictive!!!!!

I am heading out Sunday afternoon for a 2 or 3 tank dive. Hopefully I can take some nice pics.

Will

Welcome to :sblogo: we are always getting trips together here on the board. make sure you come back and check out the trip forum

I'm also a new diver in the area, pm any weekend you need a buddy as long as you don't mind another newbie.

Greg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom