Newby Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobeeno

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am going to Cozumel for the first time in a couple of weeks, will be staying at Fiesta Americana. I am wondering if the dive boats are always full and should I book ahead of time? :confused:

We tried to book Living Underwater for consecutive days in June way back in Feb. and they did not have all the openings we needed. I would say better safe than sorry and go ahead and book. If you are going to dive for sure I see no advantage to wait until you get there to book.

I am going to Cozumel for the first time in a couple of weeks, will be staying at Fiesta Americana. I am wondering if the dive boats are always full and should I book ahead of time? :confused:
Are you looking to dive with the Dive House, the onsite shop, or did you want to book with one of the smaller operators? You would probably be ok making your arrangements withe Dive House when you get there. Unless they have a big group at the hotel there should be space on their boats.

There's no shortage of dive operators on the island. You can always find a spot on a boat, but if you have a particular dive op in mind or want to make sure you're with the same one for your whole stay, then book in advance.

Book ahead - it can never hurt and can often be helpful

In the unlikely event they don't have space, you can make alternative plans - you are on vacation; one less thing to worry about - you likely would not fly down without hotel reservations (even though you could probably find a room somewhere) - why do it with diving?

Those are both larger operators with multiple boats, so you probably wouldn't have a problem.

Personally, I'd go with one of the small boat operators, most likely Cozumel Diving: Blue XT SEA Diving, Cozumel Mexico

I agree with Diveborg. You really want to go with a small group. I personally think that anything over 6 people total it get too crowded. Any dive shop will pick you up at Fiesta so just let us know what you are looking for in a dive op. Like low cost, high service level, steel tanks and so on. Everyone has their favorite dive shop.

Ryan

Back
Top Bottom