Newly certified, but I still have some questions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Ready for launch: Let me be as helpful as I can. 1. The answer is no- just how much weight you need, and that will depend on what exposure suit you are wearing and other equipment carried, and type of tank used. 2. You need to work out your own weighting and trim. The DM will do not do this if you are on a DM led trip. You can book dives on a boat- they will be DM led, which is a good way to do your initial dives after certification. You will be buddied up with another diver, or if not, just stay right with the DM leading the dive. 3. Get a computer and a watch. No recommendations as to a specific item. Start educating yourself through shopping on line, looking at ads in dive magazines, and shopping a local dive center or two. 4. You surfing wetsuit will probably be appropriate for water in the upper 70's to low 80's, depending on thickness. How thick is it ? 5. They shouldn't ( unless specifically qualified and certified to do so. Depending on where you are and who the boat is being operated by, solo diving likely will not be allowed, certainly NEVER allowed for a new diver. Now, I recommend you hook up with a local dive club or dive center, meet some divers, and talk diving with them. Also, go get some experience. There are no quick answers. What you need to know and learn will come with experience.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom