Night dive in Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah...same here. I was planning on going out on my boat Sunday but I don't want to waste the gas if it is heavy surge and poor visibility.

Buttons, they said that conditions will be better on Friday. Catalina Divers Supplier did a courtesy call today to let us know that our boat dives is cancel for tomorrow , but they are planning to go out on Friday. They are talking about diving on the other side of the Island. The weather is quite lovely! The weekend looks very good, but it will be a bumpy ride to the island. Today, Catalina Flyer had to return to Newport cause their boat ramp was damage. Catalina Express was running their ferry after 2pm. Dennis Quaid is on the Island, maybe you'll run into him. He had lunch at Luau Larry while we're there. But don't see the movie,Lucy, it wasn't good!

Last edited:
Interesting that CDS thinks the backside will be better. My guess is that it would be worse, but I haven't been back there to check. Eric at CDS is a great guy so I'm sure he will check conditions.

Dive Catalina was taking divers today for shore dives,but Ron said the visibility isn't good. The condition is safe to dive. We opt to not dive. We will try to come back next year. We really had a great time on the Island and everyone was quite nice. And the weather was quite pleasant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom