night diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first night dives were with a group of folks that enjoyed it and knew what they were doing.

Getting the certifications is for when you are out on your own or want to do specific dives that it may be asked about.

I dove with a glow stick for my first night dive.. which was cool but there was no way to turn it off. Then I dove without a light and followed people around.. that was cool to until they flashed the light in my face to see if I saw something.. I did until I was blinded by their mindless light flashing. Now I have my own light... its cool, but I still dive without it on most of the time because its just nice and relaxing. :D

There really isn't much to a night dive except its dark instead of bright. :D

I am certified in several specialties, so I clearly don't mind paying when necessary. However, these specialties were navigation, nitrox, etc. I recommend going on a night dive with an operator who has a good reputation for safety and good dive briefings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom