Ningaloo - a million things go wrong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love the "colourburst" on the Mantis !!!

Nice shots Alcina!!! Man, have I got a lot of practice ahead of me...
z...

I feel your pain. Now, I want to borrow some of your talent. For a bad day, you came back with some pictures I'd like on my best day. Hope you feel better.
I was thinking the same thing.

Kristin...here's hoping you're feeling better. Sometimes co-misery is good therapy so here goes. I go on about 4 dive trips a year. 3 of these are usually business trips with a quick excursion to the big blue. So, I normally prepare, prepare and then prepare again before even thinking about hitting the water so that there are no technical issues to potentially ruin an all too precious dive. Florida, Jan 2008. I was busy at work with no time to prep in the pool and just had to wing it. My wife joins me by flying in at Midnight Friday Night. We Jump in the car in the early AM and head toward the Florida Keys. We arrive at about 12:45 and need to check in, put our stuff in the gear bags, grab a quick bite to eat and hit a dive boat before 1:30. Of course this left all of zero time to pull my stuff out and check it out until we're on the boat.
Heading out to the dive site I figure out I left the primary hardwired strobe sitting in the car in my camera bag. I think, no biggie I'll just use the Inon Z240 as a wireless. So I put the camera in the housing trying to remember all the little gotchas with the Oly E410 housing. I then test it in the rinse tank and don't see any noticable issues. After a 1 minute dunking I pull it out and see water sloshing around in the port :shocked: I quickly return to my seat with the port down and gently remove the camera and wipe off any excess water....camera was safe :jump: So I then inspect the housing, regrease the orings and put the housing into the rinse tank...it floods again. :11::eek: Put everything back in the case and did the dives without the camera. :crying: Saw everything...even had my first ever bull shark come cruising by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom