Nite Rider HID Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking about buying a Nite rider Dive Light but not sure which one to get. How well does the NEW HID dive light work in greenish water with heavy sedument, as conpaired to the Nite rider Black water 3000. Is it worth the exyra $200 bucks??

I can't answer your specific question though.

Your ID is the longest one that I have ever seen on the board....:wink:

I can't compare the HID light with the Blackwater, since I've never seen the latter.

I have the HID light. It's a nice little package, with a tiny lighthead, and the battery has the advantage of being able to be mounted on a standard BC because of the clip attachment. However, the beam is not intense or tightly focused. I found it to be better than any hand-held light in Puget Sound, but not nearly as useful as the focused HID lights made by Manta (Green Force) or Salvo. (My favorite piece of gear, hands down, is my Salvo 21W HID, even if I had to mortgage my house to buy it.)

On the other hand, the design of the Nite Rider light is very durable, the bulb tolerates a lot of abuse, and the customer service is absolutely superb.

In the price range, you're looking at the Nite Rider or the Dive Rite 10W. I'd recommend the latter for thick, turbid water.

Might be selling my Salvo (same as TSandM's). Great bit of kit, but I'm going more in the direction of photography than tech diving...

I use Nitrider headlamp and I will second the comment on their customer service. I had a flood after using it a number of years. I sent it back for servicing. They sent it back with an all new battery case for no charge. They also threw in an extra o-ring. I'll stick with them.

Allison Finch:
I use Nitrider headlamp and I will second the comment on their customer service. I had a flood after using it a number of years. I sent it back for servicing. They sent it back with an all new battery case for no charge. They also threw in an extra o-ring. I'll stick with them.
Same deal.
I've been using their lights for 24hour mtn bike racing and bike commuting since 96. Their service is awesome. My battery recently drained all the way over three months of non use/charging and wouldn't take a charge. They reset and charged the battery for me at no cost. Their lights are solid and dependable. My first bulb burned out a few weeks ago after roughly ten years of use.

Back
Top Bottom